Sign in to follow this  

YZ250F vs. KX250F?

Wondering if anyone has compared 04 yz to kx 250f's? I have an 04 kx and my one friend has a 2002 yz. I've ridden them back to back and found myself thinking that the yz actually has better suspension. They feel about the same power wise, but his bike is 2 years older. I think naturally that an 04 would have a little more power. And I've heard that the suspension has been upgraded too. I'm thinking about switching to Yamaha soon and was looking for some honest opinions. Thanks :cry:

I rode a friends KXF back to back with my '04 Yamaha at Piru MX Park. The KXF had good low end and mid power, but no top end. Handling was good, not quite as top heavy as the Yamaha. The Yamaha motor definitely pulls much harder. I'd go Yamaha for sure, but that's just my opinion.

Ok, was at the Rocket Rcaeway today and went back and forth with my buddies YZ250F and my KX250F. I was turning better lap times on the blue bike, so time to switch. Thanks for all the input and help. :cry:

I had a KXF for the first 74 hours of its life. It is a good bike but had it's inlet valves replaced once by Kawasaki and was not willing to risk them going again as this time it would be at my cost.

The Yamaha is a proven bike (why I brought a new 04) and the power delivery is the main difference. Once Kawasuki sorts the valves both bikes will be on a(more or less) even footing.

My money went on A Yamaha and will till Kawasuki/Honda catch up/prove themselves.