* * Tire Poll * *

I am in the market for new tires and have been searching the archives for different opinions and it gets kind of aggrevating going from one post to the next. So, I thought, would it be possible to get all our opinions on our experiences with different tires all on one post? It will help all kinds of folks since this question is asked almost

as often as "What is the best oil" and "What bike is best".

Here is an example:

Terrain:

Southeast, soft dirt, mud, sand, and some hard pack

Type of riding:

Enduro, HS, and trail riding

Bike:

250 4 stroke and 200 2 stroke

Tire:

Michelin M12 front..great traction in all terrain even in the sand and mud. Good all around tire.

Michelin S12 rear..excellent traction in soft dirt, sand, and mud. Ok in harder terrain, but feels a little wobbly on hard surface. Chunks bad in rocks and on hard surface, especially when gassing on it hard. Wears fairly quick.

Dunlop 739..These came stock on DRZ. They were ok on harder surface, but not good at all on softer terrain, especially after a little wear.

Kenda 771..Used on YZ85. Good traction, but wear quickly.

Dunlop 773 front..so far wear has been good for a soft tire and traction is good.

Dunlop 773 rear..good traction and wear is pretty good so far. Doesn't seem to chunk as bad as S12.

Favorite tire and why:

Still undecided ?

Comments:

These are only my comments. They may not be the same as someone elses opinion. That is why I hope this thread can

help everyone express their own.

Kenda 760 trackmasterII, I put one on the front of my dualsport DR350se which I ride to work daily and ride in the woods on the weekends. It is very aggressive for a DOT approved tire, and sticks well in most conditions, it also wears like iron(I have over 500 street miles on it now and the edges of the knobs are still sharp). I'll be trying a rear Kenda 760 as soon as I wear out my current rear.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I got the Michelin M12 on my KDX. I've had them on there for a good year of riding and racing. I'm just now needing to change the rear. I'm going to get a new set of Pirelli Mt16's. They are a good trail tire that will wear forever. I know a guy who has Dwight Rudders old KTM. Dwight put on a set of them and put a year of racing on them. Then this guy bought the bike and has put another 1-2 years on them. They dont look bad at all. They dont round off and loose their bite, they just wear down. It handles great, too. Good traction in all areas I think! :applause: