Sign in to follow this  

New Nor-Cal.TT'er in '05 . . . Me!

Ok you Nor-Cal TT'ers. In January, or February you'll have a new TT member to ride with. I'm leaving beautiful(choke, cough, smog, wheeze, "Hey get the &%$#@! out of my way!", They should have shot O.J.) Southern California to a job in Brisbane(Don't worry, I don't bend that way!) South San Fran, and will be living in Freemont. Leaving my contacts(not the eyeball ones), So-Cal TT Friends, and Bikini's on the beach for a better job. Been a member here for about 3 years, and looking forward to hooking up for a ride... a lot. I know there's not any places in the bay area to ride, so driving is not a problem for me, as I have relatives in Pollock Pines(Clay-nafornia), and I also keep hearing about Forest Hill area. For now I can only enjoy my last months here, and read about your journeys from time to time.

Soon. :cry:

damn there goes the neighborhood...... :cry:

Hey welcome..... NorCal riding is great. I moved here from SoCal 4 years ago and it was the best re-location of my life. The bay area is a huge crowded freeway congested giant metropolis, but has that beautiful blue bay and green California hills to help take your mind off the zoo you'll live in. There are lots of super TTers in the bay area and they can help you with drive times to various classic NorCal destinations like stonyford, hollister, Clear Creek, Carnegie...... or drive 90 minutes over here to the Sacramento area and 1 more hour up into the Sierra foothills for Foresthill, Georgetwon, Elkins flats...many others...... Heck you can keep right on going, stopping at truckee for good riding, then up and over the sierra..... to the great sand donkey area beyond the salt barrier to the east of eden....also known as Northern Nevada. Ever wonder where all the lint goes in the world? well there ya have it....Bring your full vacuum cleaner bags with ya when ya cross the state line..they can use the soil nutrients over there

Good luck with your move. I hope it all works out for you. Plan to meet most NorCal TTers at the West Coast TT ride at Foresthill in May 2005....oh and one more thing.... winter is coming.....prepare to say goodbye to your allways clean SoCal riding boots. Have a garden hose ready and a place were you want to plant a garden...that's where you'll be washing the mud off your bike all winter long. :cry::lol:

You'll run into a few (not a few a lot actually most all of them up here) who love to hate LA. They're friendly people and they'll be cool to you personally but tell you how much LA sucks in their view....you can ignore it for the most part, take it as a friendly tease, but for those who have a real hard on for "lower California" and get that blood anger look in their eyes.....just remind them loud and clear that their great and glorious city by the bay is the fag capital of the world. They have a football team too. The San Francisco Fourty Fags. Then on the other side of the bay is the burned out Raider nation. Don't tell any of their fans it's the fag capital, that would be bad for your health. ...and when the dirty aggressive commie liberal mommy state panhandlers drive you crasy on market street.... remember you came here for the money and so did they. Try saying GO DODGERS in a Bart station is probably not a good idea, but up on the street where you can run for it...I like to Say it all the time..... it really pisses them off. :lol: ...or better yet just look them in the eye and say hey how about them Golden state Warriors..... :lol: yeah that will send them into a depressing sort of sigh as you board your bart train. :cry:

I love it up here. :lol::cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:

My god, I won't write as much as Bigbob, but welcome Corey. I look forward to riding with you at any of the great spots we have. Shoot me a PM whenever you have a Sun or Mon off. Usual spots, Foresthill, Georgetown, Middle Creek, Cow Mountain, Elkins Flat, and my specialty Stonyford.

Fryboy :cry:

Ever wonder where all the lint goes in the world?

I thought it was housed in my navel! :cry:

I'm not a ball-sport fan. Nothing moves as fast as Hockey, and Formula 1(gotta get up early and watch it live, and oh, by the way, no NASCAR :cry:). I have family up north, and none here(all straight too). I consider myself an upper-intermediate rider. Planning on my 2nd LA-B2V(Dual Sported, and Plated), love the tight "Goat" Trails(technical), hill climbs, and anything that's challenging. I've seen pic's of where some of you ride, and look forward to riding amongst the trees for a change. Been riding for 3+ years after a 20 year absence. (What was I thinking?) I'll be working for Monster Cable, so living too far from there can't happen, as I'm not a fan of traffic. Hell I'm Dual-Sported, why not? Just kidding! :cry: I'll drive the 2 hours to go riding, no problem!

I've been involved with both TT So Cal West Coast Gatherings, and everyone I ride with I've met from this site. I'm 6'0", 185lbs., like long walks... :cry: and have a warped sense of humor, but from what I've read from your postings, I'll fit right in.

Look forward to riding wiff yoose guys! :cry:

Now if I could only find a girl that likes to ride dirtbikes, non-smoker, and doesn't weight more than me, I'd be a happy guy! The rest? She can be trained! :lol:

I'm not a ball-sport fan. ... I'll be working for Monster Cable.

So if you end up with any freebie (zip, zero, nada) Monster Park tickets, I am officially volunteering to take them off your hands.

Now if I could only find a girl that likes to ride dirtbikes, non-smoker, and doesn't weight more than me, I'd be a happy guy! The rest? She can be trained! :cry:

In the Gay Area? GOOD LUCK! :cry:

Someday we'll ride. Just watch ride posts & join up.

L8R

So if you end up with any freebie (zip, zero, nada) Monster Park tickets, I am officially volunteering to take them off your hands.

Hey the owner owns 2 American LeMans GT Porsche's that are racing this weekend at Laguna Seca. Heck with stadium stuff(unless Supercross comes to Monster Park, then who's my buddies?), I know the race tracks out there, and will try to weasle my way in the pits. I look at all those people crammed into a stadium for 3 hours of ball-sports, and use that time to hit the trails.

Oh, Crap! I have to watch what bars I go into! I'll stay away from the ones that have a sign out front, "Parking In Rear"! :cry: :cry:

hey c.c.-

welcome! i live in the middle of your commute if you cross the bay on the dunbarton bridge, well maybe closer to fremont. i'm plated and i know a few lil' hit and run spots here on the penninsula. look me up when you get settled in. i just got back from a san diego trip and you guys have way more riding than we do. got a quiet muffler?

see ya-

tommo

most of the stuff I ride is pretty moderate to easy trails... once you get settled in up here I'm sure some the big dogs can show ya some good stuff to apply your skills to. Stonyford has lots to offer and I assume that Middle creek area does too. We have a little ole lady trail over here known as loop 6 at foresthill.... that one may get your blood pumpin come late spring when the snow retreats. :cry:

since you're desert rat, you get to know Nevada I'm sure too.

ooooo you get to work in next to the airport :cry: SFO. You will learn to LOVE fog, LOVE fags, and LOVE traffic :cry:

Actually my dad works over the hill in Colma. Not too bad I guess. No riding within an hours drive. You said your living in Fremont? Thats gonna be a fun drive with traffic :cry:

Now you can do my dual sport ride, or we can just blow 200 miles some weekend. I want to do some nice long rides early next year. :cry:

Cya soon......

Ok you Nor-Cal TT'ers. In January, or February you'll have a new TT member to ride with. I'm leaving beautiful(choke, cough, smog, wheeze, "Hey get the &%$#@! out of my way!", They should have shot O.J.) Southern California to a job in Brisbane(Don't worry, I don't bend that way!) South San Fran, and will be living in Freemont. Leaving my contacts(not the eyeball ones), So-Cal TT Friends, and Bikini's on the beach for a better job. Been a member here for about 3 years, and looking forward to hooking up for a ride... a lot. I know there's not any places in the bay area to ride, so driving is not a problem for me, as I have relatives in Pollock Pines(Clay-nafornia), and I also keep hearing about Forest Hill area. For now I can only enjoy my last months here, and read about your journeys from time to time.

Soon. :cry:

Hey dude, this may be a long shot but are you going to work at Sierra Point lumber? Because thats like the only thing in Brisbane :lol:My friends dad works there (Paul Williams). I live about 20 minutes south in Belmont (next to Redwood City) If you ever want to shoot out to Club Moto or Carnagie shoot me a PM :cry:

since you're desert rat, you get to know Nevada I'm sure too.

Most of my past riding has been single track stuff. Desert is OK, but I prefer the other stuff. Actually just riding is a blast to me!

CISCO,

I already love the fog, the other two I could do without!

JakeAcab,

It's good to know there is a shop for stuff close by. Thanks.

NorCal MX178,

Monster Cable is located in Brisbane, and for a short while I might be in Freemont, but the way it looks, I'll be living in S. Bay area. $$, but worth it.

So on Sat/sun if its raining goto Hollister. The upper ranch is better while its raining then when its not.

If your riding by yourself, goto Metcalf, its only 600 acres and if you car is in the parking lot, they look for you cause ther is no camping, so leftover car == lost person.

I only ride carnegie about 3 days after the rain. Its clay soil is like ice during the rain and they close most of the trails during the rain anyways. Not many trees in carnegie, but a lot of hill climbs.

For long trips Stonyfords is probably the best. Its so big it will take many trips to see all of it. Forest Hill is good for a early start and you'll get back late for a day trip. In the summer its dusty, but not a dusty as Cow Mtn. that place has evil dust. Only been to cow mtn once and have no desire to go back cause I'm still caughing up dust balls 2 years later.

in the S. Bay, all the expert riders seem to head to Clear Creek. There is asbestos in the soil, so stay away when its dusty, but its supposed to be fine when wet.

I know a couple people that will only ride there. They say everything else is boring or unchallenging.

Just take BART from Fremont to S. Bay. Fremont is much better place to live in my opinion. Just get far enough from the bay that you don't have to smell that bay mud. Its really bad.

Welcome to the neighborhood,

Thanks for all the tips, as I feel I'm ready for the move, traffic. alternate riding areas, and guys trying to hit on me(yikes!). :cry: I never ride by myself, as it's boring, and if something ever happens...

I'm not there yet, but late January, or early February 2005 is on the plan.

Thanks for the advice! :cry:

I don't like to ride by myself, but I don't like to sit at home either. Usually you can find others at the park to ride with if you try.

:cry: Welcome to the Neighborhood! :cry:

You'll love all the trees! The red mud is cool too! :cry:

Oh, and only Bob can get away with these things here. :lol: If you can survive ONE ride with him, San Francisco will seem mild in comparison! :cry: Oh, and ask him sometime about his 1 trip to Yerington Nevada! :cry:

And we do have some more cool TTers here in No. Calif. Make sure to clear your calender for the Northern California ThumperTalk Camping Trip! At Foresthill no less! :lol:

I"ve just been informed I'll be living in the Sunset District near Doelger City somewhere off Kirkham St. That is a straight area isn't it? Looks from the map like it's a long drive around the bay to get out to ride up in the hills.

They call it the Sunset because people wont leave thier houses after sunset. :cry:.Really though I live in Alameda only 20 min. from SF or Fremont.Im in the same boat,most good riding is 2.5 to 4 hours away.There is Carnigie wich is 1 hour and is Ok big hill climbs.Let me know when your around and we can hook up. :cry: