Sign in to follow this  

Which cycra handlebars protectors do you have?

I have the handlebar mount set-up and it works OK. I would go with the triple clamp mount system if you can make that work. It is much stiffer. And stiffer is better :cry:

cycra probends with side triple clamps!! love this set-up. the acerbis rallyguards were horrible. there was little to no quality to speak of. every time i dropped the bike i had to break out the tools because the handle bar clamps would slide down. as a result i now have a bent front brake lever. (actually bent it in a rather helpful way, it only fits my index and middle fingers). adjustments were very frustrating on hill climbs. i rode cow mt. today, dropped the bike a couple times, picked it up and rode on, what concept!!! :cry: the cycra customer service department was also top notch when i needed to make an exchange.

I had nothing but problems with handlebar mount bark busters. Both of my bike use the triple clamp mounts.

The%20supermotos%20003.jpg

Ebay%208-21%20016.jpg

Cycra, bar mounts. :cry: I turned one around, one time. I clipped hit a tree running about 45mph. I wont go into the resuling crash :cry:

Why not triple clamp mount ?

Are the Cycras really any stronger than others? Right now Im running Moose, made from the same alloy as the Cycras (T-616 I think) and I have bent them. I am tired of bending hand guards. I am guessing if I went with the Cycras I would have to use the bar mount setup since I have BigDR risers, is it worth it with the bar mounts? :cry:

Anything can be bent...... With the Pro-Rally’s,, I was bending them on EVERY drop....as are the pair on the Wife’s CRF230.

With the cycra's.. I've slightly tweaked the T clamp mount on one side,, but nothing else,, and this is on,,,a bunch of rides,, and a few get offs.. Same trails that were trashing the Pro Rally’s..

So MHO is the Cycra's are better,, but can still be bent.

I've not used the Moose guards,,, so have no opinion on better or worse :cry:

I'd say,, use what ya have,, till they are no good, and then try the Cycras

I choose the bar mount because I have the risers. Also, with the probend I did not have to cut or trim my levers. With some you do. I also have the natural sheilds, They are bulletproof :cry:

Could you or other fellow DRZer post a close-up pic (or two...) of the triple clamps mounts? I have bar risers and a very high handlebar and would like to see how tall are them when installed in the bike to be able to determine if I will have to "work hard" in order to install my future cycras, being so high...

Thanks in advance!! :cry:

Any opinions on the Acerbis handleguards with the intergrated turn signals? I looks like great way to kill 2 birds with one stone!

Dan

Any opinions on the Acerbis handleguards with the intergrated turn signals? I looks like great way to kill 2 birds with one stone!

Dan

Read Bronco's post above. The acerbis handguards don't have an aluminum brace running through them. They look cool, and the integrated turn signal is good in theory, but not so much in practice. Handguards are supposed to protect your hands and keep you from breaking levers every time you drop the bike. The acerbis guards don't do much of either. If you ride your bike on the road 100% and want it to look like a dirt bike, then go for it. Otherwise buy some real handguards :cry:

I have now installed in the bike the acerbis with aluminum insert and I HATE THEM!! Even if the bike falls really slow they bend and I don't like their look. I bought them in Spain 'cos it was the only choice w/ aluminum, but now that I'm in the States I'll buy the cycras.

BRONCO- As i understand you have the T-clamp side mount cycras ....do you use the pro tapers as your choice of handlebars? Do you have the adapter for those bars? or you got a different tripple clamp? The reason I ask is I need to know if the ProTapers(Fatbars) on an addapter would work with the T-clamp mount Cycras...Im afraid the set up is going to be too high,because of the addapter that adds an inch or so. :cry: