Sign in to follow this  

Billy Who Manfunnel won't fit my '05.....Arghh!!! But I did mod it...

I ordered one last week and got it today. I realize it is designed for the '02-'04 models, so I am not necessarily complaining, just wanted those with the '05's to be aware that they should wait for a new design for the new bike. I just thought it might fit, and I took the chance in ordering it. Apparently the lower frame rails are narrower on the '05 because the part that slips over the frame is out way too far and is also too narrow to fit over the frame. Well, I ended up modding this one, and I think it will work out OK. I had to cut off the inner side of the frame clasp and shim out the outer side by gluing about 3/8 of old rubber tire to the inside of it. It looks like it will work out OK, it just may not be as secure as it was intended. Oh well, that was the chance I took. I just didn't want that terrible mess again that I experienced on the last oil change, so I ordered it. Guess I can't send it back, either, since I hacked it up! :cry: Live and learn. On the postive side, I can see how this is an awesome tool for changing your oil on an '02-'04! Especially if you have a skid plate! :cry:

Jimbo,

You are right that the clip doesn't fit the 05, I am working on the 05 model right now. The mods that you did are exactly what you need to do to skate by for now. Send me a PM here or email me at billy@billywho.com and I will send you an 05 funnel when I'm done, should be by the end of this month. We will announce it on www.billywho.com and I will let you know on TT as well.

Billy

Billywho!!!! You should change your name to billywhoohooo.

I want one of your factory fills. Do you have a secure way I can order one of these?? Thanks. Your products are top notch!! :cry: :cry:

I can't wait for the 'Factory PHils' to come out. The 'Ratio Right' is ok, but not having to use a funnel, being able to put the full 22 oz of engine oil without going back for a refill, and last but not least no clean up just fill it up ready for your next oil change! I plan on getting two - on for engine oil and one for tranny fluid. :cry: