slipper clutch

Does anyone have one of these on there 4 stroke? I was thinking about buying one, but I wanted to see if you guys like it. I heard factory yamaha uses them on there thumpers. The reason why I would like to buy on is because I was told you get the best of both worlds. You have the torque of a four stroke, but you also have the feeling of a 2 stroke jumping and cornering without that fourstroke back pressure that slows you down cornering and throws you off jumping. Theres a few jumps at some of the tracks that I go to where if you have alot of approach speed you can jump without the gas all the way off the jump, which keeps me low, but because of the backpressure of the fourstroke I can't do that because If I don't stay on the gas the bike tends to endo....

It's compression braking.. Not 'backpressure'.

And you're most likely refering to an autoclutch, not a slipper clutches to exactly that, slip constantly. Or possibly a 'back-torque limiting clutch', those which slip when force is applied in the opposite direction of drive.

Autoclutches are cetrifugal clutches, they work only after a certain rpm.. So once you let off the gas and the revs drop you have no clutching.. I'd recommend simply learning to ride better with regards to braking and throttle control in such occasions as cornering and jumping.. you can overcome the compression braking with just a little practice and in some isntances it helps.

Not sure if you're meaning a "slipper" clutch or an "autoclutch". I think some of the pros do use slipper clutches but they are VERY pricey... somewhere in the neighborhood of $800 or so.

Unless you have money to burn (in which case I'd like to help you spend it ?), I suggest you follow Squidward's advice and work on your technique more as opposed to changing equipment.

Just my thoughts on the matter...

I don't think a slipper clutch is what you want. Slippers are used to stop wheel hop when downshifting for a corner. All the pro supermoto guys run them, thats how they back it in so far. They are really neat. You can take your thumper up on a dyno rev it until it hits the limiter in top gear, bang down to first, get off the bike, and dump the clutch and it won't over-rev or wheel-hop at all. I've seen it done before, couldn't believe my eyes.

I don't think a slipper clutch is what you want. Slippers are used to stop wheel hop when downshifting for a corner. All the pro supermoto guys run them, thats how they back it in so far. They are really neat. You can take your thumper up on a dyno rev it until it hits the limiter in top gear, bang down to first, get off the bike, and dump the clutch and it won't over-rev or wheel-hop at all. I've seen it done before, couldn't believe my eyes.

so it automatically matches the engine speed with the selected gear ratio? ?

crazy

so it automatically matches the engine speed with the selected gear ratio? ?

No, it simply slips. A normal clutch clutches all the time when you let the clutch lever out. Once the plates are touching, friction's made and voila, normal clutching. On a back-torque-limiting clutch aka slipper, when force is applied the opposite direction of the drive, the clutch slips.