Sign in to follow this  

Hand Taping

Do any of you guys tape your hands before riding/racing? If so, do you find it really helps?

What exactly do you use for the tape, where do you get it and is there any method, or pattern to applying it on your hands?

Thanks in advance.

Would that be for prevending blisters? If so, just ride the whole season without it, you'll get some nice calices (<-spelling) and that will be the last time you ever get a blister. They look a little iffy, but it's better then hurting hands!

1 1/2'' Johnson & Johnson Coach Athletic Tape. It's cotton backed tape that professional athletes use to tape all there taping needs; ankles, knees, wrists, etc. Does stretch but not to much. If you are taping your wrists, have someone else do it, and keep your hand spread out as much as possible (for circulation). Do a search on the internet for Athletic Training Taping Techniques. That might give you some ideas. Don't do what I did and take 4 years of Atheltic Training/Sports Medicine. I don't even work in that field anymore....not enough money..

the only tape i would put on my hands is duct tape on my thumbs to stop yamathumb

my hands are like babies hands but they never blister. They're motocross hands, beauty-full but tough :cry: dont be a siss, put a pair of gloves on and ride! in fact, my fox gloves have holes 1/4 inch in diameter! i cant afford new gloves lol