Sign in to follow this  

CRF 150 Modification

Which combination of part I could install on my crf to increase its power has approximately 20 to 22 HP with budgets approximately 675$. thank you

I don't believe you will ever get 22HP from your 150. If you do, you will need to spend much more than $675, regardless of the combination !!

I spent $1200 on my 150 and the company i bought the parts from said about 20. They have the same set up but with a 4.5mm stroker and they got 20hp so they said that i should get about 22hp. Maybe 25hp if i get a 28mm carb, and thats another $200. so ill see when i get this bike on a dyno.

i dont think your going to get 3 hp from that carb...and 25hp is high for this little bike :cry:

I'd really like to see the dyno results of this bike. I'm guessing you might have 15-18 horses if your very lucky.

yeah, id be lucky if i got 10 hp from my ttr with fmf exhaust and cut airbox. you are being lied to, and if it makes 22 h.p....race that thing!! but its not so it doesnt matter

yeah, id be lucky if i got 10 hp from my ttr with fmf exhaust and cut airbox. you are being lied to, and if it makes 22 h.p....race that thing!! but its not so it doesnt matter

OHHHH sure and just the other day you were talking about how you rather have a ttr over a crf any day when the 150 makes way more power :cry:

I wouldn't put to much time into all the dyno numbers. 25hp for under $675? It's totally impossible.

Answer me this, does anyone know how much hp a YZ250F makes? I'm guess 28hp. I could be wrong, but I swear that's what I was told. Whatever the case, if you had 28hp in that little, little bike, my goodness, it would be comical to watch. It'd be like bull riding. :cry:

fyi - To get that much hp out of a 150, it would probably run you about $1,500 to $2K. I know a few companies that can do it. I'm not sure on all the numbers however, because I knew I'd never do it. Good luck though.

Can't figure out why everyone is so fixated on HP, and especially max hp. Max hp is but a blip on the RPM curve. what good is a 1000 hp if it peaks at 1k rpm?

HP don't make the tires roost.

Look at the area under the torque curve. This is what you need to focus on. how fat and flat-lined is the curve under operation?

The best way to get 22hp for $675 is to get a super deal on a CR80. :cry: :cry: :cry:

But seriously, probably 17hp tops if you emptied you bank account. minibikedad is right, it's all about torque.