Sign in to follow this  

2005 TE450 deposit on 2 due end of month...questions...questions..

ok.

we have a deposit down on 2 - 2005 TE450's due in at the end of October.

Questions....

Has anyone used the Scott's performance Stabilizer Triple Clamp..Fatbar Conversion...Steering Stabilizer Bolt on kit? Will the 2005 be the same as the 2004????

Will the 2004 IMS tank fit the new plastics and modeling of the 2005?

What aftermarket parts for deep south tight woods riding does everyone recommend?

Has anyone confirmed that the kickstarter problem faced on the 2004's has been fixed for the 05????

Is there step by step valve clearance check procedure posted anywhere on the web site?

Thanks.....

Well, I probably won't be much help for you since I have the TE250 but......

A friend of mine has the 510 and has the Scott's dampener / bar system. He said it went on w/o any problems.

He has the IMS tank but was also told that IMS is working on making it narrower.

As far as the kick-starter issue, he was called by the shop a couple weeks ago and they had him come in to install a part / retro-fit something on the kick-starter. Not sure what it was.

As far as woods riding, I just came back from Durango (not super tight woods but my totally stock 250 was awesome. :cry:

unknown,

Is your source reliable for that end of October shipment?! If so, I'm starting to get really excited! I've had my deposit down on one for about 3 months now.

ok.

we have a deposit down on 2 - 2005 TE450's due in at the end of October.

Questions....

Has anyone used the Scott's performance Stabilizer Triple Clamp..Fatbar Conversion...Steering Stabilizer Bolt on kit? Will the 2005 be the same as the 2004????

Will the 2004 IMS tank fit the new plastics and modeling of the 2005?

What aftermarket parts for deep south tight woods riding does everyone recommend?

Has anyone confirmed that the kickstarter problem faced on the 2004's has been fixed for the 05????

Is there step by step valve clearance check procedure posted anywhere on the web site?

Thanks.....

Has anybody been quoted any prices on the 05's yet?? Or is money no option :cry:

I use the Scotts stabilizer on my 04', the post is a weld on(no bolt/clamp on avail) with a BRP top clamp and Protapers. Works awsome.

I doubt the 04' tank will work on the 05'. Just from the pictires it looks like a whole new animal.

Look through the threads here, "Ride" posted a how to on the valve check...with photo's. (trust me, it's un-belivably easy)

The kickstart issue has been fixed...so I've been told.

As for the mods for woods riding..... :cry: I'd love to know.

Happy roosting :cry:

04 TE450 BRP upper triple clamp, bar mount, GPR (better service) with weld on post, IMS tank all fit no problems, also have the Cycra Pro Bend Habd Gaurds with the mounts to the triple clamp.

i rode the 2005 TE 250 at the six days in poland. the bike was very stable at speed so the stabilizer would be your choice, as for the IMS tank the 05 has a larger tank and different body work so i dont know if the IMS will fit. as for the set up for deep south woods check what the fast locals are using. also reduce the fork oil level down to 100-120mm air chamber length this will make the fork less harsh on the small stuff but still handle the big stuff. :cry:

when you get your new bikes you will get the owners manual; it has a very good section on adjusting the valves. you will have to get some 9.5mm shims (yes they changed the size due to the new valves) the old size was 7.5mm. just follow the manual. :cry: :cry:

thanks eurodave...

with the thicker shims...did the cam profile change? seems to me this would make the engine revv a little earlier...did it change for both the 250 & 450?

has the fuel tank increased in capacity? the few 04's we had running around could only pull 30 miles a tank on the stock at sea level.

stabilizer a must...just too many roots, rocks & whoops down here in the SouthEast to make things interesting...

as far as cost...our dealer has heard that the bikes will go up approx. $300 from last year. with some suspension work that should put us at around $6,500 which is not too bad.

Also, not many 450's getting in the US....a few more 250's from what I hear, but the 450's will be limited until some time in January.

glad to be of help; just to let you know the shims went bigger in diameter not thickness they are actualy the same shims used in the wr/yz 400/426. :cry: :cry: