Sign in to follow this  

Clamp-on Mirrors - Do These Work?

I finished installing my BD Dual Sport Kit on my XR400 a few weeks ago and have been riding around on the neighborhodd streets, but I would like to have a decent mirror before taking it out on the busy streets. I have seen all kinds of aftermarket mirrors, but most of them require the installation of a new perch. I noticed that there is also a smaller mirror that is offered that simply clamps to the rise of the handle bars using what looks like a standard hose clamp. It almost looks like something you would see on a mountain bike. Has anyone used the clamp-on type mirrors? Can you see anyhing out of these?

Thanks,

Indiana :cry:

I tried the Acerbris fold down mirror before. The biggest waist of money because those vibrate like crazy and can't make anything out.

do you have invisible arms?

No, but I do have an armpit! :cry:

I tried the Acerbris fold down mirror before. The biggest waist of money because those vibrate like crazy and can't make anything out.

I'll second that. The only thing I ever found my Acerbis

to be good for was looking for dirt in my spark plug well! :cry:

The Acerbis mirror makes you technically legal, semi-worthless otherwise.

I found if I fold it down until it rests on the bars, it can be used.

I made my own version of the Dualstar mirror. I bought a "Watch the kids in the backseat mirror" from Toys-R-Us. $3. Add a rubberband to the clamp. to keep if from falling off over hard terrain. You look down and under your arm. I took it off when I bought a more legal looking Acerbis mirror. The ToysRUs mirror is better.

Kev,

Thanks for the info. My Dualstar mirror cracked last time I went riding. I think I just found a cheaper replacement. :cry: