Sign in to follow this  

05 450 bar mounts

they sell kits that let you keep your triple. It is a stack that adds on to the existing smaller clamps and converts your small clamps to the fat bar size. This is the cheapest fix, $60.

60 bucks??!? I paid 45 for mine, and that included a bar pad! You should be able to find them for around 35 bucks.

i like them because they give the bars a little more rise and im a tall rider so it makes it feel more comfterble when im riding while standing

Tag metals makes a package called the privateer kit that comes with their upper clamp and T2 bars,sells for around 200$ .im not sure if they make it for the 05's yet

Ok, so I take it the top clamp and bar mounts are still one piece. I saw on the Yamaha web site that there are a lot of different bar mounts and tripple clamps, but i couldn't tell if the stock clamp/bar mounts were still one piece. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of yamaha shops here in Afghanistan to look for myself.

Do the bar mounts that adapt to the stock mount work ok or should you go with a new top clamp.

How about the gearing with the 4-spped trany. On my 250F I had to go up 1 tooth on the rear sprocket to get through turns better. Is the gearing on the 450 good or do most people change sprockets. I would say I'm only a Novice racer and don't use all the power the moter has to offer so good low end helps me a lot.