Which One

I don't find the linkless suspension a problem on my 03 FE501. Was amazed how well it works. Maybe for MX work the lack of rising rate may cause bottoming? For off roading it is great. Husaberg is a higher maintainance bike than XR Hondas and the likes, but if you service it correctly they are fine. Was some problems with the 01 and 02 models. Guess they didn't have all the bugs out of the new engine design. Don't know much about VORs. Magazines like them other than they are big and a bit heavy. The VOR is probably the more XR like of the two. Reliability of a VOR is something I can't answer very well. When I was considering a VOR, Distributor said the 99 and 2000 models didn't have a rev limiter and tended to grenade with a ham fisted rider. 01 and up engines are better. Enduro models have an oil pump and MX models use the old Husky style oiling system. 02 and up have the welded together frame, and handle better. Thats all I know. ?

Dan

Please, do yourself a favor and ride a 450 VOR. I'll put my $ on you will HAVE to own one. I rode mine hard this year on the NMA enduro circuit with only gas, oil, and normal cleaning. It is a dream in the woods!! I also ride mine to work, and in our local sand dunes. Have you seen a ENe450 airing out??

Racin'-Mason ?

I know nothing of VOR. But I rode and raced bergs since mid 01. From mid model year 02s on, you will have yourself a good bike. I you are buying used, you take your chances with what ever bike you choose. They are all solid bikes. The new bikes are better performing than 01/02s, but no more reliable.

The Husaberg pds has always worked better than the KTMs version for whatever reason.

Do not be afraid of owning a berg, parts availability are not an issue as there are plenty of good dealers. Check out the banner at the top of the page.

I've owned three 501s and raced a 400 and a 550 at the ISDE. In my mind nothing performs better.

fryguy

My vote goes to VOR.

The best you have ridden is the best you know thus you can't really make an informed decision about a bike based on someone elses testimony because you don't what their opinion of a "great bike" is based on. So, go riding ?

My choice would be the Berg. I had a 01 FC550 that was very reliable, for me. The guy I sold it to has put 2 ignitions in it and a counter balancer bearing. The Bergs are now MFG in the KTM plant. I think the quality has come up as a result(Koukasan ignitions, FCR carbs and continued refinments to the engine).

I Havnt Tried Either Myself Yet.

I Can Roughly Guess What The Berg Would Be Like Since My Dads FE Is Just Fantastic Compaired To The Gasser.

The VOR I Can Guess At As A Friend Of Mine From School Raced VOR's Im MX A Few Years Back. So It Came Down To The One Which Isnt Going To Upset The Bank Manager So Much ?

...Now Where Did I Put My Barclay Card?... ? :cry: ?