St Joe's

where is St Joe's

Park Hills, Missouri, about an hour from St. Louis. Its about a 4 1/2 hour drive from Oglesby.

Tons of trails, huge sand flats with little berm and whoop tracks littered across it. It used to have some awesome cliffs that were great for jumping but they all got knocked down because a bunch of people kept falling off them not knowing they were there! ?

If we're talking about the same sand cliffs (the ones that used to run along side the sand flats), then yes they have been gone for some time now. I haven't been down to St. Joe's in a while, like 4 years, but when we used to go down there all the time before that, they were taken down. ?

I just got back to StLouis about 7yrs ago and began riding again NOV 03 and haven't ben to St joes since I was a kid 12 or 13 and remember jumping the same cliffs. First time going there I thought it was a totally different riding area until one of my friends told me that it wasn't. Did you go there when the big attraction was the sand hill in town and had to ride to get to the cliffs?

I've climbed the big sand hill in town on foot a couple of times! That thing is GIGANTIC!! I don't think you're supposed to ride there anymore though, we almost got busted just for going up there on foot.

Yeah the cliffs were pretty cool, but they are gone now. It kinda ruined the place for us cuz now its just wide open flats with berm tracks every here and there and then all the trails in the hills. No jumps really, so we haven't been going much at all lately.

I've been going there at least once a week since I got my new toy. I've used 2 annual passes already and ride mostly trails. I'm not so keen on jumping anymore the age thing you could say, afraid of getting hurt and having to listen to the wife say told you'd get hurt.

just checkin the midwest area, grew up in st.louis used to go to st.joe all the time, that sucks that they knocked down the cliffs, is the hillclimb area still there? what abot the sand wash area when you go to the right out of the paking lot, right before you head up into the hill trails there was great jumps there. I was planning on bringing the bikes when I go to my parents in chesterfield,MO for thankgiving, got the whole week off.

Hillclimb is gone, they are "reclaiming" the land so it looks all natural and pretty ? Cliffs and pretty much all of the jumps are gone. I haven't been down there in a while but I'm sure the trails are still there and still good....rocky, but good. ?

• 2 weeks later...

st. joe's (flat river) is still fun but gets crowded. go mid week if you can. the single track has gotten pretty torn up. the atv's are all over the place. if you ride it after one of the races you can sometimes find the left over "in the park" section of trail. be very careful in the sand area in front of the parking lot. the atv's drag race out there.