Gaerne SG10

Hey guys,

Wondering if theres any difference between the 2004 and 2005 Gaerne Sg-10's. I found the 2004's at MX South for $269.99, and the 05's are 292.99 at other place...is it worth the extra 20 something dollars? Any reviews would also be helpful? I would also like to know are the true to size? I wear an 11EEE in New Balence shoes, so would i get an 11 boot. The only reason im asking is because I can't find anywhere locally to try them on so im going to be ordering online. Thanks so much, Pete :cry:

I got a pair of Gearne boots. Reg. $250 on sale for $99. Size 11.

I wear a size 10 and just bought a pair of SG-10 boots in size 10. I would say they're pretty close to standard sizes since they don't have an inner bootie.

True. I wear a 9.5 size shoe.

Thanks, anyone else?

They are way better. You can get them from TT for less (I did) call them with your price and they will beat it. :cry:

They are way better. You can get them from TT for less (I did) call them with your price and they will beat it. :cry:

What way better, the 05' versus the 04' or the sg10 in general?

I can't compare the two years, but I can endorse the SG-10's. I really, really like mine a lot. They took some getting used to, because I didn't own a boot that actually provided any real protection before buying these. But I really like these. They're similar to an alpine ski boot.

If there were upgrades/differences in the 05's, I imagine the catalogs and dealers would be touting the upgrades as a sales pitch. If they're not, they're probably the same boot.

Thank you :cry:

Thanks guyz...I'll probably order them tonight...what size shoes/boots do you wear?

I bought a pair of SG-10's about 6 months ago. I wear a size 11. Your width may be a little bit of a concern since my boots fit very well. Snug and comfortable, but not tight. I DONT have a EEE width though. probably an "E". They are the most comfortable boots I have worn, easily broken in, and offer great protection.

I would suggest trying them on before buying. Dont want to end up with a 300.00 pair of boots that kill your feet and ruin your ride.

I can't compare the two years, but I can endorse the SG-10's. I really, really like mine a lot. They took some getting used to, because I didn't own a boot that actually provided any real protection before buying these. But I really like these. They're similar to an alpine ski boot.

If there were upgrades/differences in the 05's, I imagine the catalogs and dealers would be touting the upgrades as a sales pitch. If they're not, they're probably the same boot.

I got my SG10s two weeks ago and it was the first boot I've had where no real break in was required. Put em on, adjust the buckles and ride. No pinching, rubbing or stiffness. The calf guard was a little tight on my pants, but I'm one of those weirdo over the boot pant guys. In addition to being very comfortable, the boots have great flex forward to back but no side to side flex. All in all, top quality, thoughtful design for protection and very comfortable. :cry:

Thanks Bryan, you always come through for us TT'ers! Thanks Again

P.S. What size shoes/boots do ya wear?¿ :cry:

Size 10

I know what you're asking: You want to know if your regular street shoe size is compatible with the SG 10 size.

(I bought mine from a local dealer, so I just bought what fit right, not based on a size number) When I get home tonight I'll check my boots, I don't remember what size they are.

I wear size 10 street and my boots are size 10... :cry:

Thanks man...that the info I was looking for....i ordered them last night.....

Thanks Again :cry:

I just got some SG-10's myself($247.59 new shipped to my door off ebay}.

I wear a 14 shoe so I ordered a 14 boot. When I got them the box was marked "EU 49.....USA 14.....J 30" but the tag inside the boot listed "USA 13 1/2". I've only worn them around the house a little bit and they seem to fit good, maybe a little tight around the ankle where the hinge is. But I'll mess with the buckles when I go riding.

I can't help with the "EEE" part but I'll tell you that there is more room around the toes in the SG10 size 14 then the Tech 8's size 15 I tried on.

Anybody get the "white/carbon" color? I was told they were for AMA pro's only :cry:.

2293_p28990.jpg

GAR :cry:

I got my SG10s two weeks ago and it was the first boot I've had where no real break in was required. Put em on, adjust the buckles and ride. No pinching, rubbing or stiffness. The calf guard was a little tight on my pants, but I'm one of those weirdo over the boot pant guys. In addition to being very comfortable, the boots have great flex forward to back but no side to side flex. All in all, top quality, thoughtful design for protection and very comfortable. :cry:

This is the kind of information/opinions that I've been looking for. I'm already leaning towards the SG10's, and this is really helping. Thanks!

Thats not at all true....the person who told you that does not have all his facts straight. The Gaerne Sg-10's In the Carbon/White color scheme is available to anyone, for $20 more than the normal Sg-10 colors. MXSouth has them for $294.99. Here's the link Carbon SG-10's I see alot of pros wearing the boots in white like GARhead's got (Amsoil Chaparral Team), and honestly I think those are the nicest SG's they make. I have yet to see Gaerne's 05 SG-10's in the Carbon color, maybe they were a one year thing. I have to say, after researching this topic for over a year before "commiting" on a pair, the SG-10's are the more trick looking boots made IMO. I ordered them last night (2005's White/Size 11) and paided $289.00 with free shiping/no tax. Thanks again for all your help guyz. Ill be sure to give you some reviews once I recieve them and get some time on em! In the mean time, keep the good comments coming! :cry::cry: