Sign in to follow this  

Shall I send my suspension out?

I am not sure about this. I was thinking about sending my suspension to Factory Connection to have it re-valved and possibly re-sprung for my weight. I ride a 2005 CRF250R. I weigh about 185-190 so lets say 195-200 with gear on. I'm 6'2". I'm only 15 so I have some more growing to do. I ride about 60% trails and 40% MX. I have bottomed the suspension quite a few times. My dealer told me to adjust the rebound clickers 2 clicks harder. I did so, it didn't do much. I did an extra click, and still not much. I called up FC and they said that the forks should be alright and that I should switch to 1 size heavier in the shock spring. So what do you guys think? I know I want the suspension to be stiffer but what do I need done?

First, don't listen to your dealer. Stiffening up the rebound makes no sence. You would benifit from stiffer springs both ends tho.

doc

I'd sell it and get a 450, you're a big dude! :cry: if you have the assets, get it revalved..

I was thinking the same thing...but this was quite a big birthday present. I'm not too sure how well my parents would take it. Seeing it's an 05...I don't think there will be another bike for atleast a year...if not longer. :cry: But back to the post. Is a re-valve all I need?

What do I do if I don't like the way it comes out?

You will have to keep sending it back untill you do. Try to find a reputable tuner in your area. You need springs before the revalve. At 200#'s just a revalve won't fix your problems. Trying to tell ya here.

doc

Right springs would help alot.Alot of my friends that weight in the 200 pound range put stock springs from a 450 that they changed and have just laying around.A stock 450 has .47 on front and 5.5 in rear.I think your bike has a .45 and a 5.2 or 5.3 so their the next step up.You can probably find a pair really cheap or even free ask your friends or someone on here. :cry: