Sign in to follow this  

Ok Utah guys! Cherry creek on 10/23 for sure!

Weather permitting, let's hit cherry creek single track next saturday! :cry: If it's all muddy, we'll go rail the dunes. :cry:

I'm good to go if the weather is OK.

I'm not driving 2-hours to ride whooped-out trails or the dunes,

sorry.

Chris - How's the elbow & the arse after last weeks ride?

I'm guessing that was the last ride up AF Canyon this year?

Anyone know what is up with Eric (Mrmoto)? Haven't seen him post in a while.

Chris,

I can't make this weekend but next Friday or Saturday sounds groovy for a ride. Putzed around at 5- mile last friday...lets just say that the rain should help with the dust. The 4-wheelers had the place pretty shredded in areas.

Weather permitting, let's hit cherry creek single track next saturday! :cry: If it's all muddy, we'll go rail the dunes. :cry:

Hmmmmm, I may be able to make it, but no dunes for me...Too boring for my taste.

Chris,

I can't make this weekend but next Friday or Saturday sounds groovy for a ride. Putzed around at 5- mile last friday...lets just say that the rain should help with the dust. The 4-wheelers had the place pretty shredded in areas.

Eric said he got banged up pretty good at a race and wouldn't be

riding for about a month...

3-feet of snow in the higher elevations by week's end...Looks like

this riding season is coming to a rapid end. :cry:

Chris - How's the elbow & the arse after last weeks ride?

I'm guessing that was the last ride up AF Canyon this year?

The rear end is getting better, but the elbow still hurts like hell if I knock it against something. That was probably it for af canyon unless we have another "winter" like 02/03. It was an excellent note to leave af on though! :cry: I'll be looking forward to it next year!

Chris,

Good to hear from you David! Eric is away on business or something. Hopefully the 30th will work out for a ride cuz I'm totally down for that! Rock on! :cry:

You're scaring me Dan! Say it ain't so!!!!!! This weekend may not work out..... :cry:

Ok, it ain't so! :cry:

But, 2-News was interviewing some gal up at Snowbird and they had

something like 2-feet of snow and blizzard conditions... :cry:

All the weather guys are predictinga heavy winter for us, and as much

as I don't like the idea, we do need the water.

I hate freakin' snow!! :cry:

this riding season is coming to a rapid end.

Yup, looks like northern utah is in for a good winter.

Riding season Isn't quite over, especially in Moab or cainsville. :cry: I guess there are benefits living near arrid climates.

this riding season is coming to a rapid end.

Yup, looks like northern utah is in for a good winter.

Riding season Isn't quite over, especially in Moab or cainsville. :cry: I guess there are benefits living near arrid climates.

Rub it in why don't ya! Jeff, you dog... :cry:

I wish employment was more plentiful down there. I'd move in a

heartbeat. :cry:

It's good in the winter and 120 in the summer. :cry: I'd rather live in so cal in the winter, here the rest of the time. We really have some great places to ride right now. If bush looses that may change though. :cry:

I wish employment was more plentiful down there. I'd move in a

heartbeat.

yeah, if employment was more plentiful I'd stay here instead of moving up there. As for riding during the summer

it's not 120 deg on the eight thousand to ten thousand ft alpine single track in the Abajos and La-Sal mountains. An ideal place to live if you like riding off road.

As for riding during the summer

it's not 120 deg on the eight thousand to ten thousand ft alpine single track in the Abajos and La-Sal mountains.

There are no singletrack trails open to motorcycles in the La Sals.

That being said looks like the weather will be good for the ride this saturday. There is a 50% chance I will make it.

There are no singletrack trails open to motorcycles in the La Sals

well let me rephrase that double track and fire roads

Double track is fun stuff sometimes!

I hope the weather holds out. If the trails in the hills are too muddy, I still would like to go ride in the dunes. Anyone who goes needs to realize that riding in the dunes is better than not riding or riding in very muddy trails. I think wet sand is great stuff to ride on! Maybe we'll go and check out the trails, and if they're too muddy, then we'll drive over to sand mountain if you don't want to ride over.

Ok, if you're going, speak up! We could meet at the usual spot just after the fork in the road. For anyone that doesn't know, you go left where the dirt road forks. Then the road curves west again and there is a big open spot on the left just after the curve. That's where we usually meet. If no one confirms they're going tonight before around 10:30 or so, I'm not going to be there though. :cry: