The Beast will Ride Again...me too.

Tore the beast down...right intake spring broken into three pieces. One of the keepers was broke in half, and the bottom spring seat was hammered because the bike had been ridden a couple laps with it broken, the rider said "it was running funny, I thought the carb was gummed up..." so it did more damage, and ended up with him landing on his head! :cry: The spring stayed stacked so no piston to valve contact occurred, I got lucky. The valve LOOKS good but I may have hit it to the piston trying to kick start it right after the crash...but I am going to replace it anyway. Bike and rider survived though to fight another day, and I am going back together next week with:

1) New OEM Ti intake valve (just to be SURE).

2) the latest and greatest RHC spring kit (I had the old style)

3) new retainers and keepers

4) new stem seals

5) The newer CHM SM1 full exhaust, can't wait to try this puppy out! Supposed to be ALOT quieter than my old ST/Yosh hybrid...about 102db-103db, the hybrid was 110db someone thought...none the less, it was LOUD...:cry:

The RHC "208" camshaft, which is his specs, made by Web Cam and is a rewelded model, looked GREAT. The first one I had was one of Web's "old" weld models and had bad heat treating, it flaked a bit on the lobes after only 2-3 hours. This one has 10+ hours on it and looks brand new. Web has since gone to a billet cam I understand.:cry:

On a side note, I am going back to riding in 2 weeks, at a real MX track, but avoiding the big jumps. I am going to practice corners...some corners...and some more corners. Going to dial in the suspension in the bumps....and make that thing fine tuned baby! My leg is strong, probably strong enough to jump on, but I am going to wait the full time, which is December, before I hit the jumps. But I will sure have some fun blasting berms and getting better at corner speed, which I what most riders need anyway. too bad I will look like a beginner, railing a turn then skipping the big jumps hahahah.... :cry: :cry:

I mite have missed somthing in another post,

But why did you choose the CHM over the jemco or TA pipes?

b/c rhc can be very persuasive. i already told the guy at jemco to make an extra one for keith and now he isnt getting it. :cry:

b/c rhc can be very persuasive. i already told the guy at jemco to make an extra one for keith and now he isnt getting it. :cry:

I know a guy in Hawaii waiting for that Jemco...he would be very happy to get the one Jemco might be making for me... :cry:

I choose the CHM because:

1) it's quieter than the Jemco or ST/Yosh

2) I trust RHC

3) it's something new and I am a sucker for being different :cry:

The CHM "SM1" is the new design. It has a longer than stock header, lowboy style, that starts increasing in diameter from the halfway point back, and ends up with a rather large 2 5/8" I.D., mated to a new larger core silencer. You get a megaphone effect from the header and have a well packed straight (but big) free flowing silencer...me and dave are going to do a back to back comparison between his Jemco and my CHM when we get together...I will ride mine wih my pipe, then we gonna swap pipes to get an accurate feel for both pipes on the same bike, being that we have similar (but different) engine mods...

therapture,

Glad to hear your bike (and rider) are ok! Why did I not get to meet the legendary therapture at the GMB? Sorry man cuz I really did want to shake your hand. I know it's been a difficult year and you handle it with style...I admire you for that!

Thanks for flagging for us old slow guys at the GMB....had I known that was you on the table I would have tried to show off and probably done something stupid......like hit a barrel !! LOL :cry:

I looked for you in the pits, saw the bike, but nobody was around...then between me helping my friend's brother out, flagging, running back and forth, it seemed a quite busy day. When I get back to riding I am going to head up there and we will definitely hook up. I saw you go over that tabletop many times in that 20 minute moto...looked pretty good. Chunking roost waaaaay back up into the air when you landed that beast under power...that's a goossd spot to flag from!

Hey rapt, what was the diameter of the Yosh header?

That sounds like a really good system!

But maby you shouldnt have told me, because Im going to have to buy one now :cry: especally since it has your recamedation!! DO they have one for the 2005 CRF 450 yet?

Ryan

Hey rapt, what was the diameter of the Yosh header?

I will measure it and report back...

too bad I will look like a beginner, railing a turn then skipping the big jumps hahahah.... :cry: :cry:

Not in these jump happy days...now beginners will launch the quadruple stepup double stepdown low orbit monster then crawl through the turns. Railing corners still equals FAST. :cry:

Glad you are healing up so well bud. :cry:

therapture,

Glad to hear your bike (and rider) are ok! Why did I not get to meet the legendary therapture at the GMB? Sorry man cuz I really did want to shake your hand. I know it's been a difficult year and you handle it with style...I admire you for that!

Thanks for flagging for us old slow guys at the GMB....had I known that was you on the table I would have tried to show off and probably done something stupid......like hit a barrel !! LOL :cry:

Don't do that. Victoria is two hours from here and I can actually see his head swelling up.

therapture,

Don't do that. Victoria is two hours from here and I can actually see his head swelling up.

LOL...Mike...man have not seen your ass in ahile...where ya been? Spanking the monkey? OR is "the hand" ready for that type of excercise yet? :cry:

therapture,

LOL...Mike...man have not seen your ass in ahile...where ya been? Spanking the monkey? OR is "the hand" ready for that type of excercise yet? :cry:

mike has his hands full as of late. if you were dealing with the pressures he is you would be a ghost also! mike, you two hang in there. it can only get better! :cry:

therapture,

mike has his hands full as of late. if you were dealing with the pressures he is you would be a ghost also! mike, you two hang in there. it can only get better! :cry:

Did I miss something? Someone PM me...

sent ya a pm....