Wilseyville Scramble

I want to go to it this year but need some info:Do I need a Spark Arrestor?

Do I need to be an AMA member? If so, how much is it?How much is the gate fee?

Do I sign up that morning or in advance?

Thnaks for any help.

You will need a spark arrestor and pass a 96 DB test, although the club has never checked before, but they probably wil this year cause' there ws on track sound testing last year. AMA membership 38-39 dollars (i think) and you can get a districtt 36 one day pass for 10 dollars or a year for 30. You can pre enter or on the day of. It is the regular 45-50 dollars with a 5 $ discount for pre enrties.

Wilseyville is a superb race that is well organized and it is in a beutifull setting at the Schadd ranch. the course is spectacular and it is a real off road race. www.specialtestvideos.com is always there so it is cool to see your self on video. I can't wait for this years race!

this race is SOOO fun, yuo should definately go to this one, it was my first scrambles and now im hooked

You will need a spark arrestor and pass a 96 DB test, although the club has never checked before, but they probably wil this year cause' there ws on track sound testing last year. AMA membership 38-39 dollars (i think) and you can get a districtt 36 one day pass for 10 dollars or a year for 30. You can pre enter or on the day of. It is the regular 45-50 dollars with a 5 $ discount for pre enrties.

Wilseyville is a superb race that is well organized and it is in a beutifull setting at the Schadd ranch. the course is spectacular and it is a real off road race. www.specialtestvideos.com is always there so it is cool to see your self on video. I can't wait for this years race!

Thanks a lot for the info. I know the area pretty good because we have a vacation house right off of Blue Mountain road. I don't know if you know them but I ride with the Noble's a bit and they know the area awsome because they live there LOL. It looks like it's 99% sure I'm going to be there, as long as my grandpa can take me (because i'm only 14)

For more info on Wilseyville Hare Scrambles check out www.ama-d36.org for more inof, the flyer should be up any day.

For more info on Wilseyville Hare Scrambles check out www.ama-d36.org for more inof, the flyer should be up any day.

Right on, thanks.

NorcalMX I don't know if you found flyer, go to top of pgeclick on Cross Country/Schedule go to Wilseyville and click on INFORMATION.

NorcalMX I don't know if you found flyer, go to top of pgeclick on Cross Country/Schedule go to Wilseyville and click on INFORMATION.

No, I didn't see it, Thanks for posting that, it answered all of my questions.

How is the difficulty level of this race compared to others? Is there a lot of places to pass, or a lot of really tight area that create massive pile ups?

thanks,

the answer is yes to every question you asked, it is a pretty tough course, when it is pouring rain or covered in snow, but when the conditions are good it is sweet, every year there seems to be something that mother nature likes to test on that weekend. :cry:

the answer is yes to every question you asked, it is a pretty tough course, when it is pouring rain or covered in snow, but when the conditions are good it is sweet, every year there seems to be something that mother nature likes to test on that weekend. :cry:

Yeah, that's the thing about that area, the conditions vary so much and so fast. I went up there last month and I would ride up a hill and stop and watch the dust hang for 15 minutes, but I went there in December and it was snowing. Does anyone know where they are going to stage it? Because there are alot of places that they could :cry:

I can't sit still thinking about it. How many more days?? :cry:

The Wilseyville Hare Scramble is put on at Schads Resort on all private land, the best race of the year. If it is raining getting in and out can be fun. Don't miss it! Wish I could do it this year but my fellow club members and I will be at the Berafoot Family Enduro. Have Fun! :cry:

awww come you have to go to it, what happened with the training wheels enduro, i read posts about it on the D36 website, but didnt fully understand why it got cancelled, i wasnt going to race it, but its no fun having a race cancelled, no matter if its a family enduro or a nationals. just wondering what happened :cry:

awww come you have to go to it, what happened with the training wheels enduro, i read posts about it on the D36 website, but didnt fully understand why it got cancelled, i wasnt going to race it, but its no fun having a race cancelled, no matter if its a family enduro or a nationals. just wondering what happened :cry:

The National Forest Service has sold trees to logging company, the Foresthill Rangers are unhappy because the loggers don't tell them in a reasonable time when and where they will be logging, wcan have a course set up, show up on thursday to mark course on friday and find out that some trails/areas will be closed due to logging. They won't be logging out but will be cutting on the event date. Since we & the Foresthill Rangers could not get any firm dates on where and what trails would be closed we had to cancell. This will be going on for the next 3 years. We are looking at other areas for next years event. We did want to cancell as it is a finacial hit to any club.

Kraig

ya that sux, sorry for the loss, but when you get a new place and a date to ride, ill be taking my lil sis on it again, she has raced it once, when i was with the CERA a while back and she had a blast only did one loop though lol

Hey Unkle Moose, I saw that you live in Brentwood, do you ever go to Sandhill Ranch? I go there a bit, it's a decent track but a bit pricey.

I used to spend alot of race days there in the mid to late 70's watching my school buddies race (my parents wouldn't let me) did some MX races in the early80's then early 90's. But no I do not go there, costs o much (insurance) and it's never prepped. Club Moto in Livermore is good but I prefer trees and single track. I used to work out of Belmont, my dads business was on Glenn Way off of Old County Road.

Kraig

i hate sand hill, they never take care of their track, so it is too much to go ride on a crappy track, if it was a nice track like club moto i would pay the price, but it just isnt worth it