WHY ARE QUADS TAKING OVER!!??

I have seen countless amounts of quads. I only know a few people with dirt bikes, Me, my dad and my two friends. The quads tear up the trails so bad. I feel that i am missing out on something. I might see 2 dirtbikes in a year, and 200 quads every half year. I dont get it ?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now, straight from the home office, the top ten reasons (IMO) that Quads are "taking over:

#10: Low skill level required to operate one.

#9: High margin (profit) sales item at dealerships.

#8: Purchasers are generally less skilled/able to perform maintenance = big $$ for dealerships again with service.

#7: Multi-purpose, you can carry, draw your 30-06, shoot a deer, winch it in and drag it home all without ever leaving the seat.

#6: Less "stigma" than owning a bike (rebel, crazy, reckless #%$@&!ing bikers) quad riders are seen as more "responsible."

#5: Able to carry more than a six pack of beer and ice to boot.

#4: Easier to drive when drunk.

#3: Lots of expensive accessories for dealers to sell.

#2:Makes every idiot who is too incompetant to ride a dirt bike think that he's real cool and talented.

...and the #1 reason Quads are taking over...

#1: Because bubba and his wife are both too fat to ride a bike.

Haha, Maybe to Carry wood. Wait its falling off the

quad.... ? :cry:

aharesize1.jpg

ahahrezise3.jpg

Two guys were trying to take wood back to camp yesterday on there quads. We got quite a laugh. They both loaded 7-8 peices each on there bike. And they went around a corner to get on a road, and his buddy dropped all of is. Needless to say he piled it all back up and attempted to go again. he only lost 3 peices that time and just left them.

I think people either ride quads simply because they are either simply easier to ride or there scared of bikes. Ive had a good friend for about 3 years and when we met he was riding a KX100, and now hes riding a YFZ450. He switched simmply because he was scared of the bike and didn't want to put forth the effort in learning how to corner, etc. And in all seriousness was a good rider on it . I guess you can be lazy on a quad and still go fast maybe !?!?!?!

what if people like quads over dirtbikes? what if they prefer four wheels to two? does that make them a bad rider? i think not, my friend used to ride dirtbikes, but he switched to quads, doesnt mean he still cant ride dirtbikes good, he just likes quads better. you guys cant bash quads and call people lazy, maybe its what they prefer.

well my reason for having a yfz atv instead of a dirtbike is because the land i drive on the owner doenst like dirtbikes. if he allowed them id be tearin down the trails on one. I wish he did allow them cause atv's do get to easy to ride after a while. they are a lot cheaper then atvs

And now, straight from the home office, the top ten reasons (IMO) that Quads are "taking over:

#8: Purchasers are generally less skilled/able to perform maintenance = big $$ for dealerships again with service.

#7: Multi-purpose, you can carry, draw your 30-06, shoot a deer, winch it in and drag it home all without ever leaving the seat.

#6: Less "stigma" than owning a bike (rebel, crazy, reckless #%$@&!ing bikers) quad riders are seen as more "responsible."

#2:Makes every idiot who is too incompetant to ride a dirt bike think that he's real cool and talented.

?

thats pretty funny, he was wearing sandals! ? :cry: ?

Well, i can understand that some people prefer bikes, but i just know that all the people around here must be a little lazy because most of the people with quads, it is their first bike EVER. they thought that quads would be easier, and they thought they can ride them in the snow. I know that some people like what they like, but i just didnt know why they were so popular. I wanted to get a quad before, but i didnt want to give in to the quad frenzy.

The biggest reasons are they are easyer to ride and are vewed to be safer than bike. however when you put a sixteen year old on one this is never the case. quads inspire alot more confedence that a machin that you have to keep movind and shift your body around to keep your balance. This is ecatcly what makes them so dangerous. If you give a kid a 35 horse quad he is going to drive it to fast for his skills or/and the terain. Untill he has a few bad get offs and lerns to respect the machine and pay atention to the terain he will countinu to. alot of time the kid never gets a chance to do this because that 1st wreck is his last. W/ a bike you a new rider dosn't get the confidence he gets from a quad. their for he will take it easy ontill he builds up his skills. more peopel, at least the ones w/ comon sence, will wear protective gear for the same reason. I feal the same way you do about quads taking over. around here thats all their is are a bounch of guys on four wealers gouging out the mud holes drinking beer and wearing noting but a tee and shorts. I wish I at least had one local riding parter that rides a bike.

Mostly quads up here. Some pretty good riders. I ride with some of 'em cuz there aren't that many bikers. The two-wheel drive "sport" models can almost keep up with a really good rider on em if it's not too tight.

I don't have a problem with em as long as they stay out of the way - most are pretty slow.

Agree with most posts here - most people think they have to know how to ride a bike in order to get one and not for a quad. They're probably right.

OTOH - took my wife out for the first time a couple of weeks ago on a bike I just got her (TTR-125) and she had lots of fun. No riding experience whatsoever.

?

?

? :cry: Thats funnny stuff!

WOW, from the sound of this, quad infestation MUST be the dealer's fault. Actually you need to get your facts in line before you let your personal distain for dealers help reinforce your opinion about the 4 wheeled doers of all that is evil.

I'm calling you on #s 3, 8 & 9. ?

First of all, quads have no more of a markup than any other offroad machine (ie: Dirtbikes). Actually, most quad owners are too stupid to know when something is broken, or they just dont care & run it into the ground. So they never bother to take it in to get fixed. "Mr. MXPRO" blows far more money in the accessories dept buying his FMF Ti system than the average quad rider. When was the last time you saw a quad rider buy gear???