sdg or xtreme 107

ive heard crap about the sdg speed mini and the extreme motor co 107. Can you tell me which one you would recomend. And which one is more reliable.

To tell the truth, my money wouldnt buy either one, I would build a Honda. But I think currently, if you get one of the new Stage 2 Extremes they are better than the SDG's. The previous model Extreme had some problems but it appears that they have worked most of them out. But really I think both are okay bikes and aside from the normal problems you have read about should work okay.

HAHA! I asked this same question on another message board when I got my first fiddy. I was swarmed by Honda lovers touting their beloved Hondas. Since I have been riding I have seen and heard a lot of bad things about many clones. But don't buy the Honda BS. Every guy carrying the Honda banner is riding a mini that has almost NO Honda left on it :cry:. My conclusion is ,"don't waste your money on a new crf, buy a used with lot's of good upgrades and go from there." I agree with Jetster(he's THE MAN here)about keeping an open mind on any new clones to hit the market. Don't jump on the ,"it sucks if it's not Honda," bandwagon :cry:.

Yea probably should have included that, my bike is probably like only 10% stock bike anymore. If you go Honda, DO NOT, buy a brand new one get a used one as there will not be much left when done, and if you can swing one that already has some stuff on it then even better because you will probably be getting a deal. You can especially pick up some nice ones on ebay alot of times for a good price.

Yea probably should have included that, my bike is probably like only 10% stock bike anymore. If you go Honda, DO NOT, buy a brand new one get a used one as there will not be much left when done, and if you can swing one that already has some stuff on it then even better because you will probably be getting a deal. You can especially pick up some nice ones on ebay alot of times for a good price.

Exactamundo. I have found more success in my local classifieds than on ebay. Ebay is a great online classified site. But I just missed(by one hour) a deal in my locals for an '03 xr50 with 88 and many extras for $900. He was actually ASKING $900. On ebay there's too many buyers for something like that to happen ya know?

But I think currently, if you get one of the new Stage 2 Extremes they are better than the SDG's. The previous model Extreme had some problems but it appears that they have worked most of them out.

I didnt know Xtreme came out with a new cr107 :cry:. Ill have to check that out

thanks for the answer zach

yyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaa :cry:

I didnt know Xtreme came out with a new cr107 :cry:. Ill have to check that out

they haven't came out with a complete new Xtreme. You ahve to buy the stock Xtreme and then their Stage 2 frame and wheels (12 inch front and back) the stage 2 upgrade package is like 500 bucks. you can buy it complete at some dealers though.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Hello All,

I want to start out by saying I am a huge Honda fan, I have ridden the SDG and was some what impressed but there seems to be alot of problems surrounding this bike. This passed weekend while riding I met the test guys for a new company out of California which will begin shipping shortly a 125CC 4 stroke pit bike with twelve inch wheels. After much begging I was given a half an hour on this bike to take it through it's paces this thing is a rad and I am sure will become the new top contender in this space. The company is called Speed Metal Industries. I cant find anything on the web about them yet but I kind of think they are just getting ready to go live with full production. Has anyone else heard of this pit bike? The upside is from my conversation that this box rips right out of the box and is going to cost about $2100 which pretty cheap as I was standing there at first glance I counted about that much just in parts if not more. I just want to know if anyone else has heard murmurings about this bike or company?

It screams with out the slippage I have experience on some other bikes. It sits high like the SDG however it seems to be much better built

Check out the icon and thumpstar. Good value and quality for the price

abnphipps