I am a newb, and i need major help with my 250X(please help)

Okay, I'm 14. I go out to ride my 250X and i find a dark blue sticky sludgish substance under the end of the left swingarm....my grandpa said that it had been there for about 2 months...my question is, What is the blue substance, and how can i stop the leaking....Btw. there was some white smoke that would come out of th tailpipe whenever i would give it gas, and finally it just started sputtering and shut off.....thanks a million for any help. : :cry:

nobody is coming. also why doenst anyone except an idle "whyzee" use the chat feature?

If you have white smoke it is possible that you're burning oil. The blue sticky stuff is almost certainly air filter oil. Most probably you are using too much. I know someone will say that oil burns blue but if you have a lot of it it is possible to get white smoke. Perhaps you overfilled the engine after an oil change :cry:

thank you very much..so how do i fix this problem???

White 'smoke' is usually steam, and can be indicative of a head gasget failure or some other failure that allows coolant into the combustion chamber.

Are you losing coolant?

i really have no clue...it could be coolant, and there is white smoke..its not heavy, but its there...how much money is this going to take to fix :cry: :cry: :cry:

First go and check the coolant level, its under the rear fender on the left side if you are facing it from the back. There are 2 lines, it should be between the two. Try reading your owners manual sometime too, it kinda helps. :cry: :cry: :cry:

yea i hav the manual right beside me but its kinda hard to understand...like if they had colors and stuff and pictures of what they were talking about instead of just black and white drawings, it wuold help, but im a noob so whatever.. :cry:

first of all is there any coolant there at all? It should be above the lowest line but be below the highest line. Make sure the bike is on the ground and pretty level (don't have it on a stand or leaned up against something) if the coolant level is fine, we've ruled out that possibility, if it's low then we have more digging to do. It's hard to say how much this will cost, if the smoke is from the coolant then it is most likely a blown gasket and won't cost much to fix (assuming u'll do the work urself or have a friend do it for you) i would say in the neighborhood of 20-30 bucks (i'm aiming high cuz i'm not sure how much the gaskets go for on this bike) if it's an oil problem the rings are probly shot which will mean another 20-30 bucks plus a head gasket. So if you do the labor urself it should be around 50 bucks if it's an oil issue. It could me more (a lot more) if the problem is more complicated than that, however it is hard to tell with out more information. BTW, check ur oil level and tell us what u see.

first of all is there any coolant there at all? It should be above the lowest line but be below the highest line. Make sure the bike is on the ground and pretty level (don't have it on a stand or leaned up against something) if the coolant level is fine, we've ruled out that possibility, if it's low then we have more digging to do. It's hard to say how much this will cost, if the smoke is from the coolant then it is most likely a blown gasket and won't cost much to fix (assuming u'll do the work urself or have a friend do it for you) i would say in the neighborhood of 20-30 bucks (i'm aiming high cuz i'm not sure how much the gaskets go for on this bike) if it's an oil problem the rings are probly shot which will mean another 20-30 bucks plus a head gasket. So if you do the labor urself it should be around 50 bucks if it's an oil issue. It could me more (a lot more) if the problem is more complicated than that, however it is hard to tell with out more information. BTW, check ur oil level and tell us what u see.

Thanks a lot, I'm going to go out there soon to check on the coolant and oil levels. thanks a lot dirt machine :cry:

How manny hours does your X have on it? Does it smoke constantly or just when you first start it with the choke on? Do you check your oil level consistently? Does the bike burn oil?

i think i am very stupid..... :cry: anyways, i go out there, coolant...fine..oil...even better...now im pissed...so i say what the heck and take the bike out...it works JUST FINE! wow...by the way, i realised it does only smoke when the choke is on, and then its fine...but the weird thing is that when i turn it off after riding, it's like thereis a fire in the tailpipe, as it is crackling. thank god the bike is good...and it hasn't burned oil yet. i have roughly 45 hours on it maybe

I know exactly what this is: You over oiled your airfilter. Over time the oil leaks out in collects in the bottom of the air box. On the front of the air box is a little breather "flap" like thing. Out of this drips the oil directly onto your chain. It runs down the chain by force of gravity to the lowest point (bottom of your sprocket) and drips to the ground. I have had the same problem. It is nothing to worry about, just a mess. Next time don't put so much oil on the filter and let it hang dry before putting it back in! :cry:

I know exactly what this is: You over oiled your airfilter. Over time the oil leaks out in collects in the bottom of the air box. On the front of the air box is a little breather "flap" like thing. Out of this drips the oil directly onto your chain. It runs down the chain by force of gravity to the lowest point (bottom of your sprocket) and drips to the ground. I have had the same problem. It is nothing to worry about, just a mess. Next time don't put so much oil on the filter and let it hang dry before putting it back in! :cry:

i love you :cry:

Your welcome - just send $ :cry:

^ roflmao