Sign in to follow this  

Hr meters

Think I'll take that $10 Sears coupon and go pick one up tomorrow! Where are ya'll mounting yours and how?

I wonder if this is considered a tool though?

I mounted mine with heavy duty velcro underneath the radiator shroud on the right side. Just so you can see it through the shroud holes. No muss, no fuss.

Mount it on the left side, so when you do carb adjustments, you can watch the tach. Tuck it under the shroud so it won't get smashed. I secured mine with the supplied velcro and added a couple zip ties. The pics aren't real clear, sorry.

Imag0025.jpg

Imag0027.jpg

Imag0016.jpg

That one is 100 bucks, its got all the bells and whistles.

I mounted mine right on top of the CDI under the front number plate. You need to mount it sideways to clear the forks. I used two sided tape and a zip ty. Velcro would work fine too. :cry:

I just installed mine, but it looks sealed like a watch. I won't hesitate to pressure wash it.

The first time I pressure washed mine it started speaking Chinese. I brought it back to Sears and they gave me a new one. I had a piece of plexiglass glued over the front of it and have not had problems with this one.

I accidently pressure washed it the first time (I forgot to remove it). No damage, though. It does look pretty watertight. In the future, I probably won't remove it before washing, I will just avoid hitting it closely or directly with the high pressure spray.