Sign in to follow this  

Very Interesting About Quad Riders

I was talking with my friends mom who is a nurse yesterday (after a day filled with dirtbiking :cry:) about quads and dirtbikes (somehow we got on this topic during dinner) and she mentioned that she has 3 kids paralyzed from riding quads and also that quad riders almost always have serious injuries when they fall. She said that she sees kids with broken bones from dirtbikes, with quads it's often broken spines and broken necks. Makes you wonder how dumb the people riding quads really are.

The way I see it any idiot can ride a quad or sled. And that's why any idiot often does.

It makes sense if you think about it. There's the stereotypical quad rider, with very little brains and safety gear. Also though, you can't just lay down a quad like you can with a bike. When you crash on a quad it's pretty serious. Not to mention the 400lb. (I dont know how mucn they weigh) beast falling on you.

Why is everyone so interested in quads all of the sudden?

maybe all the retards are at that age now, i think that is where problems happen: when they roll on top of u

:cry: :cry: :cry: 1 reason to DISlike them :cry: :cry:

I rode my first dirt bike at age 11. I have been hooked ever since and I never broke a bone or got a single stitch riding. I just bought my first quad at age 41. It was for my wife but I enjoy riding it also. You guys are stereotyping. Just the other day, I ran into a guy riding a dirt bike. He asked us if we wanted to drink whiskey and go riding with him. He told us he had 3 DUIs under his belt. He didn't even have gloves or goggles on. What is my point? There are a-holes on bikes and there are a-holes on quads.

A honda 250 two stroke 3 wheeler of a buddies was by far the scariest thing I have ever ridden..present bike included...hitting fast ruts you were a passenger..not the driver...

I let a couple of my friends (who rides quads) ride my 225, now they dont like 4-wheelers anymore :cry:

It makes sense if you think about it. There's the stereotypical quad rider, with very little brains and safety gear. Also though, you can't just lay down a quad like you can with a bike. When you crash on a quad it's pretty serious. Not to mention the 400lb. (I dont know how mucn they weigh) beast falling on you.

Why is everyone so interested in quads all of the sudden?

I had a 400EX fall on top of me when it rolled down a hill, I was on the back with no helmet, very very stupid idea. it aint like a big when its only 200 lbs, I've had bikes on top of me, its not as bad as a quad. I respect serious quad riders, the die hards. the ones who love racing and riding and respect what they ride. UNfortunetly, there are more dingbats then die-hards.

Since we are on the subject of Trikes..... outlawing those was the biggest F'ing joke ever. It is the riders fault that they are dangerous, yet instead of putting age restrictions on them and ACTUALLY ENFORCING THEM what do they do, outlaw them. Waverunners and Jet ski's are next, you wait and see. They currently have supercharged waverunners putting out 235 HP that with a properly equiped impeller could reach speeds in excess of 80 MPH. Then you let a 13 year old ride it. :lol::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: It is only a matter of time.

FWIW, a 3 wheeler would blow the doors off of a comperably equipped quad. They are much funner to ride, and can do many more tricks on them. Which would you rather have fall on you, a 250 pound trike or a 300+ to 400+ pound quad. Let me think about that.... :lol:

Here is the problem....ATV's are very deciving, they are easy to hop on and and go fast without much skill or practice where as the first time you hop on a dirtbike you fall on your ass if you try and do anything amazing, so anyone doing crazy stuff on a 2 wheeler has some amount of experience and skill as a Quad rider does not need any of that....hense ATV goons hurt themselves 2 wheel riders ride home

I could never bash quads.. I almost love them more than bikes :cry: but they are truly more difficult to handle, and too many uneducated individuals try to do more than they can handle. you fall on a bike, you pick it back up and ride off; you fall on a quad, someone scrapes you out of a tree and drags your quad back to the truck.

I'll agree that the CPSC fiasco was a horrible idea, born out of stupid politics. And yes, it's just a matter of time before some do-gooder jackass politician screws up the PWC world.

However, after owning several performance quads and trikes, I'd say that trikes ride smoother, do better wheelies, and the top notch wheelie bar equipped sand drag trikes are lighter. That's it. Quads are soooo much better at everything else.

Regardless of the 40 pound weight difference, have you ever crashed a trike? I SWEAR the damn things follow you. Like a football, there's no telling where it'll bounce, but you can be sure it's going to try and crush you. :cry:

Since we are on the subject of Trikes..... outlawing those was the biggest F'ing joke ever. It is the riders fault that they are dangerous, yet instead of putting age restrictions on them and ACTUALLY ENFORCING THEM what do they do, outlaw them. Waverunners and Jet ski's are next, you wait and see. They currently have supercharged waverunners putting out 235 HP that with a properly equiped impeller could reach speeds in excess of 80 MPH. Then you let a 13 year old ride it. :lol::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: It is only a matter of time.

FWIW, a 3 wheeler would blow the doors off of a comperably equipped quad. They are much funner to ride, and can do many more tricks on them. Which would you rather have fall on you, a 250 pound trike or a 300+ to 400+ pound quad. Let me think about that.... :lol:

. What is my point? There are a-holes on bikes and there are a-holes on quads.

true.

another truth is that if you think there is any parity in the @$$hole ratio from quads to dirt bike, you're smoking crack. i'd guess that 75% of quad riders engage in moronic behavior at least every other ride. the figure for bikes i'd put at about 10%-15%.

jeremiah

I'm not saying that all dirtbikers are good. I've met stupid ones (however not anyone that was drinking), i am saying that i've met many many more retards on quads though.