Sign in to follow this  

has any one rode a crf250f

I have a 02 xr400. But i would also like to get a crf250. I think the hp is the same but the crf is lighter. I weight 190lb. Can any one help me with this? :cry:

well i raced a crf250x on my xr250, i beat him on low end, through the first 3-4 gears, then we were equal til 5th, then he pulled away in 6th, but only by about 10 feet. dont know if your looking for a more powerful bike then your xr400, but the crf250x is definately not.

Two questions-

Do you like to work on bikes? Are you mechanically inclined? Got extra bucks in your budget? :cry:

Yes- CRF

NO - XR

well i raced a crf250x on my xr250, i beat him on low end, through the first 3-4 gears, then we were equal til 5th, then he pulled away in 6th, but only by about 10 feet. dont know if your looking for a more powerful bike then your xr400, but the crf250x is definately not.

if both bikes were stock, then you are lying...my crf 250x eats ttr-250s/xr-250's for dinner... :cry:

Yes I agree, I seriously think that a CRF250x would absolutly Beat the [@#$%&*!] out of an XR250!!

The guy on the CRF must of only been on half throttel! :cry:

Not clear if you mean CRF250X or CRF250R (I don't know of a CRF250F).

I've ridden both of the above and own an XR400.

I was somewhat disappointed in the power delivery of the CRF250X. It was very smooth and nothing wrong with it, but coming off of the XR400 I was hoping for something stronger. The suspension and useability of the power is incredible though on the 250X.

Frankly I was more impressed with the CRF250R. (And yes, this is all for trail riding.) More power, lighter, I didn't find it hard to start and I thought it had a great - but much stiffer - suspension. Would love for it to have a kickstand. I don't care about lights and e-start too much.

My solution? Wait and see what the 450X is like. :cry:

and what reason would i have to lie? the only mods ive done are gordons mods.

i dont want to start anything bad, but i have ridden a ttr-250, (my friend's brother's) and it was a lummox...it could BARELY do wheelies in third gear and that was with me pulling as hard as i could....i mean, hell i have to do just about as much maintainance as i ride, but still, i love the bike(250X) and i think it is more powerful than the xr or ttr 250. :cry:

I have rode both. I won't give up the 400 unless you really want to loss weight. You have to keep the 250 wound up and it rides a lot stiffer. It did handle good, but i'm not sure how much better than the 400.

and what reason would i have to lie? the only mods ive done are gordons mods.

i dont want to start anything bad, but i have ridden a ttr-250, (my friend's brother's) and it was a lummox...it could BARELY do wheelies in third gear and that was with me pulling as hard as i could....i mean, hell i have to do just about as much maintainance as i ride, but still, i love the bike(250X) and i think it is more powerful than the xr or ttr 250. :cry:

maybe thats the ttr, i can pull my bike up in 3rd no problem at all.

I have rode both. I won't give up the 400 unless you really want to loss weight. You have to keep the 250 wound up and it rides a lot stiffer. It did handle good, but i'm not sure how much better than the 400.

also, the xr4 is dated and uses old technology while the 250X is absolutely cutting edge....