IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

wow that wasnt a suprise that kx65 beat that ttr

i was at my friends house last weeekend and i had my friend race me on my brothers kx65 and he got on my frieends ttr and we draged and i beat him it made that ttr look pathetic we did it a couple times just to see and i still won so for you ttr riders i would look into gettin a 65 i think that they are a better first bike if you plan on racing

if anything, id get a 85 cc bike...theyre bigger and stuff.....its 80% rider tho, i could race ricky carmichael with me on his 450 and him on an 85 and he would kick my ass...its all rider

very true, it is all mostly rider, but kx65s are very fast bikes too.

Okay while a good example aint that a lil off. To a certain point its rider but having 6 times the engine is enough unless your a complete idiot or something. :cry:

Sometimes it is the bike, sometimes it is a 50/50 deal. I mean if s really good rider shows up with YZ 250F stock bike, and a rider, who isnt that good, shows up with a factory YZ 250F, possibly the kid on the factory would whoop ass, but in my opinion, all rider...it dosent matter what bike your on, but the rider riding it.

if anything, id get a 85 cc bike...theyre bigger and stuff.....its 80% rider tho, i could race ricky carmichael with me on his 450 and him on an 85 and he would kick my ass...its all rider

Correct me I'm wrong but doesnt 85 go into 450 alot more than 2 times :cry:

In the kids example it was a drag race, which is 90% bike. That's great, except in motocross we don't go straight for very long. In a drag race, if I was on a 450 and Charmichael was on pretty much anything less, I would or should beat him. The moment there's a bump, turn, or jump or just about anything, he could beat me even if he was on a klx110 and I could have my choice of bikes. I rode my friends stock TTR and it's slow as dirt, but he works me on my 200. It's kind of sad, but that's motocross. It's all rider. I would bet a years salary, Bubba on a trick 110, can beat 90% of us. If fact he did at starwest.

In the kids example it was a drag race, which is 90% bike. That's great, except in motocross we don't go straight for very long. In a drag race, if I was on a 450 and Charmichael was on pretty much anything less, I would or should beat him. The moment there's a bump, turn, or jump or just about anything, he could beat me even if he was on a klx110 and I could have my choice of bikes. I rode my friends stock TTR and it's slow as dirt, but he works me on my 200. It's kind of sad, but that's motocross. It's all rider. I would bet a years salary, Bubba on a trick 110, can beat 90% of us. If fact he did at starwest.

in MX, it IS

1 - reaction time >> time it takes you to react to the gate (I watched the tabs on the bar that rotate, NOT the gate itself

2 - Throttle & clutch application off the line. Are you a scream it and dump it kind of starter?

3 - Knowing WHEN to shift your bike. Is it best to short shift your bike, wring it out to redline, etc (?)

4 - PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE starts.

In a drag race, if I was on a 450 and Charmichael was on pretty much anything less, I would or should beat him.

>> Delusions of Grandeur >> This IS one of the most absurd things I have EVER READ on Thumpertalk (Definitely on this TTR Forum)!

Rick would destroy you if you were on a 450 and he on a 125 2 stroke, unless it was a 4 mile start, all uphill.

Plus, Rick spells his last name Carmmichael.

theres no way bubba can beat half of us in here on a tricked klx.

i Always knew that a kx65 is a better bike but thats only on the track. but why would a 15 year old kid wont a 65 You cant race it. plus why would you want to ride a race bike on trails

i think its 60 % rider and 40%money

cause there is no way you can get fast without craping money out yur ass

He does have a point. I saw an article in TWMX (Awesome mag by the way) and they had a test of Sean Hamblin's (I dont care if the spelling is wrong)$60,000 RM250! He isn't even one of the megastars like RC or Reed.

Obviously you haven't watched any of the Nationals this year, if you did, then you saw Bubba on a 125 get smoked on the start at every race (except Millville). He got smoked by riders that are 1-2 minutes slower than he is. But when he rode the 250f at Glen Helen it was a completly different story. When it comes to drag racing power is 90%. In the pro ranks of drag racing, that 10% makes all the difference.

which ttr was it? a 125?a kx65 or a kx 80 will beat a ttr125 in a straight-line dash anyday.i think thats true,seen two kids drag on a kx65 and a ttr125 before.i knew both of these kids and both are pretty skilled at woods riding.

Obviously you haven't watched any of the Nationals this year, if you did, then you saw Bubba on a 125 get smoked on the start at every race (except Millville). He got smoked by riders that are 1-2 minutes slower than he is. But when he rode the 250f at Glen Helen it was a completly different story. When it comes to drag racing power is 90%. In the pro ranks of drag racing, that 10% makes all the difference.

So, you still stand by the claim that you would smoke Carmichael at the start of a moto...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol: :lol:

Dude, you watch too many cartoons...

Join us in the real world! :cry:

Holy Crap, you guys can't be that dense. :cry: You guys really need to look up the phrase "hyperbolic statement" Plus, that's NOT what I said. :cry: I said a 1/4 mile drag race on pavement, with me on a 450 and charmichael on something with way less HP. (Way less meaning and XR250 or something) I didn't say a start of a moto with 40 other pros going into a first turn. If that was the case, I would could have CBR900 motor in my bike and still get last into the first turn. However, I do race pro's every year at the mini four stroke nationals and I can hang with them at the start, because my bike is usally faster than most. Also, I raced pros at Carlsbad on the 1/4 mile pavement section and have done supermoto and waxed pros on xr100's or TTR125's on long straight sections with me on a CRf150 or 200 conversions, but they're pros and can catch back up and lap me in the turns. However to test my theory, if anyone wants to drag race me (drag not race around the track), just pm me and meet me at Elsinore. I'll be on a my crf200 conversion and you have to be on a your TTR125 or your kids xr50, which is pretty much what I meant. I will drag race you for $20. If anyone here has ever done a 1/4 mile drag, then you would know this is pretty much what I meant. But obviously, you some of you guys read every other word and comprehend even less. Here's the bottom line. Two guys in a drag race, not me, not charmicael, one on a 450, one a an xr250. It would be pretty hard pressed to say the 450 would wax the xr250. If you think the xr250 could beat the 450 after a 1/4 mile, then you guys are on crack and don't know anything about drag racing. Once both bikes hit 6th gear, even if the xr250 was ahead at that point there would be about 12 seconds remaining and two people pinned 6th gear, the talent of the rider is out of the equation. (on a straight line on pavement).

***My point with Bubba, if you guys would open your mind up for one second you would have understood, but I'll try and explain it again. OK, Bubba the fastest 125 rider in the world with lap times about a second less than charmael on a 450. Even he couldn't get holeshots against way way slower riders with Bubba on a factory 125. Bubba, who has the best reaction time and doesn't believe in shutting off, even he got smoked on the starts and ended up mid pack and that was only about 100 yard starts. This didn't happen once, but about 21 times. So what would happen if the start was a about 350 yards longer and no first turn to worry about . . . even a bigger gap. Then Bubba gets on a 250f at glen helen, then the you have the same senerio different outcome, Bubba got the holeshot. With drag racing (1/4 mile )it's about horsepower. If both vehicles have equal (or close) horsepower, then it's more reaction time, proper shifting, etc. Why do you think they use staggard starts at NHRA events and other drag racing events? Because, a 8 second car would wax a 12.5 second car every time, no matter who's driving. Now, when I say no matter who's driving, I feel that I shouldn't have to explain I'm not talking about a 80 year grandmother with bad vision and arthritis in both hands and that I mean two competant racers. I hope I cleared up what meant and lets drop it. Next time I say Larocco on a 450 and charmicael on a stock xr50 with a blown head gasket and a bad ignition. (although the way Larocco starts this could be up for debate :cry:)