WR250 v.s. KLX300

I posted this in the KLX forum, i just want to see if i will get a diff. response.<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1098057707Tybmx2006">

WR250 v.s. KLX300

<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />WR250

<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />KLX300

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

will someone actually give a reason please?

most all of the people in the yamaha forum like the WRF.

(see above)

most all of the people in the kawasaki forum like the KLX.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB27&Number=1454425

you are wondering why this is as it is? :cry:

ps

this post is just poor form:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB27&Number=1454416#Post1452447

pps

my US$0.02 -- also take a look at a KDX200. inexpensive to buy, tons of stuff available to bolt on, and it's a great trails bike for a young rider.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

your post just now was in poor form. all i want to know is,why do you like the wr250, i know alot of people like the wr, i just want to know why you like it so much, is that too much to ask? :cry:

I gave the KDX 300 a look in 2001 when the dirt bike bug bit me. The I saw the WR. I never looked at the KDX again. I did hesitate between a KTM 200 EXC and the '02 WR250F. I ended up Blue. I am happy. You need to ride one of each. I have ridden enough bikes in my day that I could tell just by looking at the KDX is would not be a fun bike for me. I could tell just by looking at a KTM or Yamaha they were better for me. The Yamaha 4 stroke and Yamaha suspension was the deciding factors for me.

The Yamaha WR is a competiton level bike. The KDX is not. That is why the Yamaha costs a lot more--you simply get more bike and pay for it. Comparing a these bikes is like saying a Suburban and a Subaru are both SUV's!

if you want to know opinions, post them at first and forget the poll. a poll is asking for numbers, not facts. Just ask ppl why you should buy a wr instead of a klx or a klx instead of a wr, the appropriate question in both forums. They will each give answers and you will have to decide what YOU want. My opinion is that i like the wr better, but comes at a price, maintenance. You have to maintain it, alot, oil changes frequently, air filter cleaning, etc. The klx is still a good bike, but i don't know much about it. btw: the wr is also a better handling bike, from what i've heard.

Your post lacks the basic effort expected from posters.

Work on your language skills and we might help you.

I like the WRF because it is fast, nimble, well-suspended, light and reliable. If these traits don't appeal to you, go with the KLX.

It's more of a race type bike than the KLX, so therefore it takes a little more commitment to maintenance.

I like doing maintanence on my bike, but i dont want to be doing it all the time. I just want a bike that is very bullet proof, you can abuse it, and it will be fine.

I just want a bike that is very bullet proof, you can abuse it, and it will be fine.

if you want a "abuse taker", i'd suggest an XR250.

if you want to go faster on a lighter bike which turns better and has a far superior stock suspension, i'd suggest a WR250F.

you seem to want very high performance with very little maintenance; it doesn't work that way with bikes, cars, or women.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

I own both, 2000 klx300 and a 2004 wr250. WR all the way, I even have $2000.00 in mods on the klx. Still the wr beats is everywhere. Should of spent my $$$ on a new bike instead of mods. O-well

later

"you seem to want very high performance with very little maintenance; it doesn't work that way with bikes, cars, or women."

this is funny and so true, but i try to get everthing in one package right? :cry: