WR250 v.s. KLX300

I posted this in the KLX forum, i just want to see if i will get a diff. response.<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1098057707Tybmx2006">

WR250 v.s. KLX300

<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />WR250

<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />KLX300

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

will someone actually give a reason please?

most all of the people in the yamaha forum like the WRF.

(see above)

most all of the people in the kawasaki forum like the KLX.

you are wondering why this is as it is? :cry:

this post is just poor form:

my US$0.02 -- also take a look at a KDX200. inexpensive to buy, tons of stuff available to bolt on, and it's a great trails bike for a young rider.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

your post just now was in poor form. all i want to know is,why do you like the wr250, i know alot of people like the wr, i just want to know why you like it so much, is that too much to ask? :cry:

I gave the KDX 300 a look in 2001 when the dirt bike bug bit me. The I saw the WR. I never looked at the KDX again. I did hesitate between a KTM 200 EXC and the '02 WR250F. I ended up Blue. I am happy. You need to ride one of each. I have ridden enough bikes in my day that I could tell just by looking at the KDX is would not be a fun bike for me. I could tell just by looking at a KTM or Yamaha they were better for me. The Yamaha 4 stroke and Yamaha suspension was the deciding factors for me.

The Yamaha WR is a competiton level bike. The KDX is not. That is why the Yamaha costs a lot more--you simply get more bike and pay for it. Comparing a these bikes is like saying a Suburban and a Subaru are both SUV's!

if you want to know opinions, post them at first and forget the poll. a poll is asking for numbers, not facts. Just ask ppl why you should buy a wr instead of a klx or a klx instead of a wr, the appropriate question in both forums. They will each give answers and you will have to decide what YOU want. My opinion is that i like the wr better, but comes at a price, maintenance. You have to maintain it, alot, oil changes frequently, air filter cleaning, etc. The klx is still a good bike, but i don't know much about it. btw: the wr is also a better handling bike, from what i've heard.

Your post lacks the basic effort expected from posters.

Work on your language skills and we might help you.

I like the WRF because it is fast, nimble, well-suspended, light and reliable. If these traits don't appeal to you, go with the KLX.

It's more of a race type bike than the KLX, so therefore it takes a little more commitment to maintenance.

I like doing maintanence on my bike, but i dont want to be doing it all the time. I just want a bike that is very bullet proof, you can abuse it, and it will be fine.

I just want a bike that is very bullet proof, you can abuse it, and it will be fine.

if you want a "abuse taker", i'd suggest an XR250.

if you want to go faster on a lighter bike which turns better and has a far superior stock suspension, i'd suggest a WR250F.

you seem to want very high performance with very little maintenance; it doesn't work that way with bikes, cars, or women.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

I own both, 2000 klx300 and a 2004 wr250. WR all the way, I even have $2000.00 in mods on the klx. Still the wr beats is everywhere. Should of spent my $$$ on a new bike instead of mods. O-well

"you seem to want very high performance with very little maintenance; it doesn't work that way with bikes, cars, or women."

this is funny and so true, but i try to get everthing in one package right? :cry: