Any big guys on an 05 450?

I might pick one up as soon as I sell my xr400 (still working on the wife). I'm 6'2" and 275lbs. Can the smaller frame take it? I would use it primarily for the track but I won't be airing it out to bad. Probably will jump the same thing I jump on my 650. Maybe a little more. Any bigger guys riding one yet? I know the book for my 650 says 220 lbs for the weight limit but so did my xr400 and I use to jump it and it did fine.

I'm 6'3" 230lbs and the bike is "stupid fast." The aluminum frames have proven very strong and reliable. Factory Honda teams used to measure their old steel frames constantly to watch for changes. This has proven to be a waste of time on the new aluminum perimeter frames. :cry:

Im 6'1" and weigh 280 and that bike hauls a$$ with me on it still!! and I can jump all the obstacals at my local track no problem!

Dont worry about that frame! its stronger than last years, you should see all the gussiting on the head of this thing.

Are you guys just using stock suspension?

Cool. Sounds good. :cry: Thanks for the replys.

I'm 6'1 215lbs, put 49 springs in the frt and a 5.7kg in rear and this bike HAULS my a$$ all over the place with out any problems :cry:

Are you guys just using stock suspension?

Well, yes. For now anyway.

I thought I would break it in and save up some money to send it off to MB1. There is no way that a stock set-up would be adaquate for a guy of my size. :cry:

im 275 and pretty close to 300 fully geared up...

.51 front

350 lb/in rear

I ride/race the crap out of my bike although I only ride moto maybe 1 time every other month but the bike is STOUT!

I have an 04

What have you guys found to be good sources for suspension springs and other items like that?

Also is there a good tutorial on suspension setup somewhere on the web?

Thanks for tolerating all of the newb. questions!! :cry:

what do you mean by 350 pound rear???

What have you guys found to be good sources for suspension springs and other items like that?

Also is there a good tutorial on suspension setup somewhere on the web?

Thanks for tolerating all of the newb. questions!! :cry:

Here's Factory Connection's site: http://www.factoryconnection.com/index2.htm

Click on "setup tips" There you'll find "Basic Setup", Maintenance", and "Troubleshooting"

6'1" 270, Race Tech with Eibach .50 in front and 5.8 in back. I would like to got to a 6.0 but they are hard to come by. I've been waiting for 6 mos, probably should have lost the weight instead. Eibah springs are avail up to .54 but shock springs are harder to come by.

You wont hurt it, I've seen way more frame trouble when you try to moto a 650.