Suspension setup for 01 YZ250F?

Hey guys. I'm running a stock 01 YZ250F. I am 6' tall, 160 pounds without gear. I was wondering what oil wieght and hieght I should run in the front, and compressing and rebound settings as well. What compression and rebound settings should I run in the back .I do mostly intermediate track.

Thanks guys. :cry:

I run 5wt and a height of 90mm on my 2002. As far as settings, try the stock ones and you should be pretty much in the ball park. Sag is about 100mm is what seems to work, but different people and riding style, choose different sag. :cry:

I run 5wt and a height of 90mm on my 2002. As far as settings, try the stock ones and you should be pretty much in the ball park. Sag is about 100mm is what seems to work, but different people and riding style, choose different sag. :cry:

Thanks a lot. I have a 03 service manual, no a 01, and I dont have the owners manual for my bike. Could you give me the stock setup???

For the 2002(which is not too different), here are the stock settings:

FORKS: REBOUND - 12 OUT

COMP - 13 OUT

SHOCK: REBOUND - 11 OUT

LO-COMP - 4 OUT

HI COMP - 1 1/4 OUT

RACE SAG: 90-100MM OR 3.5 - 3.9 INCHES

ALL SETTINGS ARE COUNTED FROM FULLY SEATED(CLOCKWISE).SO OUT MEANS COUNTER CLOCKWISE.:cry:

Awesome. I'll try thsoe settings out this weekend :cry: :cry:

Good luck and one important note, when you turn the adjusters in, just lightly seat them. Don't force them tight. :cry:

Little note:

Tried the settings this weekend. The high speed compression was too stiff. Through the whoops and bumps it would kick up too fast, but the rebound was fine.

Backed it off and it's cherry. Thanks!

Great!! try running the factory connection high speed adjuster spring. Cheers. :cry: