Bias towards rear?

I've been working on getting my cornering down and have been experimenting with dragging rear brake while on the throttle.

I'm also running a VERY stiff suspension now with fast rebound.

What I'm finding is that for the most part it seems like I like being on the rear tire if that makes any sense. Every time my front gets loaded up I'm not really comfortable. Now I'm thinking that the whole time (before I lowered my forks way back down in the triple clamps) I'd been riding my bike with too much emphasis on the front.

So, now in an effort to get off the back brakes so much (because riding them really seems to be working for me) I'm starting to think about sag.

1. When the factory sets up a bike and calculates a "correct" sag range, what are they thinking? Is the range set up so that middle of the range is dead balanced and one end of the range or the other is a little biased towards the front or rear? Or, are they thinking it's all biased towards the rear (or front) and you move that bias towards the front by raising your forks in the triple clamps?

I'm thinking now that I've figured out (for this week) that I like a bias more towards the rear (I'm effectively accomplishing this by dragging my rear brake) that I could start adjusting my sag more towards that direction so that my bike will be on the rear tire more.

I seem to remember that Ricky (certainly not comparing myself to him :cry:) made the comment a long time ago that it was funny to him that alot of others were "copying" the fact that he was running a lot of sag (or at least a low rear end) at the rear. Apparently his only reason for doing it was because he was short.

Anyway, what would be the problem with running "too much" sag in the rear? I can see at the extreme, you would want to be wheelying all the time but other than that what would I give up?

I have a lot more questions and "insight... yeah right" on this topic but let's see if I get any takers on this part before I educate y'all any more :cry:.

Eddie

set the rider sag to 4" and then check the bike sag to be 1" when you are done. That says the rear spring is matched to you.

get on the bike and bounce it up and down, if it takes very little movement fore and aft to make the rear seem soft compared to the front you have the front too stiff. They should travel together.

from your other post it sounds as though you need to add more compression damping and less rebound on the forks. Try running amsoils #5 wt. fork oil if you prefer quicker acting forks.

are braking bumps beating up on you?