Signal question...

How many folks have opted to shorten their signals? How do you do it exactly? I assume you have to disconnect the wires from the bulb socket? How do you reconnect the wires? With the spacer gone, how do you re-attach the shortened signal? What am I missing? ? I'd rather ask before tearing stuff apart. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Dan

good luck in the shortening process. Did you know you can buy flush mount led blinkers for something like 30 buck front and 30 buck rear that are freakin sweet looking. I haven't done it yet because I wanted the cfc and rad guards first they are next. Please post what ever you find to be the best solution for ya it may change what I do. Thanks and hope I or TT helps you out. ? :cry:

After breaking one of the stock rear signals after a driveway tip-over, I replaced the rears signals with some $15.00/ pair replacement shorter signals. Did ok until the vibrations from a ride actually broke off one of the replacements. Now I've gone to flush mounts (still under $15.00/pair)- just splice in to the existing wires. I did have to drill a couple of holes to mount the flush signals.

There's been some question how close the signals can be and still be legal but when they keep breaking off, who cares. ?

For the rear http://www.gchonda.com/dlrindexsend_pg_catprod_levelcode_6373_catalogcode_754_partheadernumber_64825-UFO+UNIVERSAL+PLASTIC+FENDERS.htm

For the fronts, I made a small bracket out of flat alum similiar to the OE brackets and bought shortie signals. They fit right into the original plugs.

I even tried them out accidentally by face planting the DRZ into an embankment at 35mph.

I can shoot a pic if you PM your email addy.

I'll plan to by some shorties. If it's a real pain in the rump, I'll skip it.

When it comes to shortening the stock tail lamp/fender do you just trim it to where you want it? I'd be willing to cut up my tail lamp assy but, I don't want an rough, unfinished look. Any tips?

Dan

P.S. Thanks for your input Monty.

I'll plan to by some shorties. If it's a real pain in the rump, I'll skip it.

When it comes to shortening the stock tail lamp/fender do you just trim it to where you want it? I'd be willing to cut up my tail lamp assy but, I don't want an rough, unfinished look. Any tips? these are for the side lights but are much shorter that the origionals on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35598&item=2494339682&rd=1

Dan

P.S. Thanks for your input Monty.