OOC - Who is planning to convert his DRZ to SM ?

i have not regret a single bit about converting to sm, only regret is i sold it ?

nevermind, still got the chance to do it later

just that i have no plan for now

my boy have been keeping me busy.

to anyone who is still hesitating about converting, i can tell ya, it is really worth the $$ and effort. ?

i have not regret a single bit about converting to sm, only regret is i sold it ?

nevermind, still got the chance to do it later

just that i have no plan for now

my boy have been keeping me busy.

to anyone who is still hesitating about converting, i can tell ya, it is really worth the $$ and effort. ?

I think i forger...

MAZAL TOV for your new born... ?

How did you name the small one ?

I am! Picked up an '01 DRZ400S with 350 miles on it. It's like brand new. Waiting on red hubbed, black rimmed 17's with Michelin Pilot tires from East Coast Wheels. Just got Longhorn oversize bars, universal bar mounts, UFO tailight with integrated turn signals and yellow D-Flex handguards. Dropping the front forks about 1.5" in the triple clamps and made my own linkage arms to lower the rear about 1.25".

I am! Picked up an '01 DRZ400S with 350 miles on it. It's like brand new. Waiting on red hubbed, black rimmed 17's with Michelin Pilot tires from East Coast Wheels. Just got Longhorn oversize bars, universal bar mounts, UFO tailight with integrated turn signals and yellow D-Flex handguards. Dropping the front forks about 1.5" in the triple clamps and made my own linkage arms to lower the rear about 1.25".

Tall people dont need to lower the bike ?

Q - If i have fatbar , can I mount the on stock clamp without raising them ?! the adjuster which raise the fatbar is nice for offroad , but not sure how good it is for SM...

maybe should start new topic for this ?! ?

alophind, you can't put oversize bars on a stock clamp.You have to purchase a new triple clamp - Or you can purchase the universal bar mounts, with an optional "low bend" bar that compensates for the extra rise. But I'm a freestyle mxer that likes a shaved seat and very tall bars. Oh, and I'm not very tall. ?

I figure I am about $1200 or so away from completing my SM setup.

Expensive. ?

But worth it. ???

But lots of the stuff I am doing isn't really neccesary just wants not needs. I just like to do a bunch of upgrades all at once though so its just like one big upgrade.

I just landed some RM forks. So I need some RM tag triple clamps to go with. That was really not needed for the SM setup but I wanted to just get it all at the same time...

Wait till you see when I'm done. Im so excited. What I got in store is gonna be sickness. ?? ?

Bought an '02 "S" two weeks ago.

Have already ordered 3.2 IMS tank, gold hubs to black Excels, Motomaster race setup, 16mm radial master cylinder (might be too much), chain, triple clamp for fat bars, FCR39, and full exhaust. (There is more that I have forgotten to list).

So yes, soon I will have a good (decent) dirt bike, a decent street bike (was thinking crotch rocket but on the DRZ, I can pretty much hold wheelies at 20MPH -almost, and 30-50 without much issue unless there is a lot of wind) on a crotch rocket, the lowest speed that I imagine that I could hold would be around 75mph with most accelerating into the triple digits, and I doubt if I could keep my license that way. Oh, and a stellar hooligan bike due to the lower speeds.

Try taking a curb on a sportbike, no issues with the DRZ, even in Motard trim.

Change over should be pretty quick, as it takes me about an hour for my CRF, and this bike will not require me to change out the fork guards. And I am going to try and get my gearing close enough so that the chain does not have to be replaced all the time...(might be wishful thinking as getting sprockets for this bike is a real PIA)

Now, all I need is taller seat foam so that I can get further forward on the bike like on my CRF.

Mike