dumping clutch hurt the transmission?

Down shifting dumping the clutch can break it. My friend just found out, doing Supermoto, Fifth gear pinned down the third (or what was third). Also, it was a 252cc, which doesn't help.

Same thing to me, except in MX. I was running with some 450's on a pratice day, It didnt strip the gear but blew my motor.? This just happened yesterday. I was pushing my self to stay up which i was. I was jumpin everything, well i went around a corner and down shifted and my motor just blew. Now i have to bore it to a 170. IT scratched the inside of the cylinder and broke a ring so its all screwed up. Sucks when it happens. ? :cry: ? :cry: ?

ha ha well that will teach you a lesson for trying to run with the 450's on a track ?

Hey, thats not funny. Oh well at least i was doin good for once. It took everything i had to stay with them. Pretty scary jumpin a 70 foot table and a 40 foot double. Hurt pretty bad on landing too. ?

does droping the clutch hurt the transmission? ?

Well, if you drop the clutch, you will get tiny little sand particles from the ground embedded in the..... Wait...

It puts more wear and tear, and wears out your clutch quicker if you rev it up and dump it. Don't make it a habit, but if you have to you have to ?