05 Valve prob?

just checked my valves on my new R model with maybe 5 hours, exhaust .011", left intake .005", right intake .0025", now what? I checked it twice and got the same results. I have no more than 5 hours, and I dont rev it to the rev limmiter. Any thoughts? Is this ok, &%$#@!

It's not in spec so adjust it. Did you check them after break-in?

no, i did nit check them until now, but its pretty much brand new. BTW, I am a Honda guy for life, so I'm not bashing, just curious on the issue and how to fix it. This is a new bike and I'm not thrilled about having to adjust valves on such a new bike.

I had to adjust mine after break-in so it's no big deal.

Tolerances change after a bike breaks in and who's to say they didn't come from the factory at those specs.

Adjust and ride.

no, i did nit check them until now, but its pretty much brand new. BTW, I am a Honda guy for life, so I'm not bashing, just curious on the issue and how to fix it. This is a new bike and I'm not thrilled about having to adjust valves on such a new bike.

well get used to it - every die hard racer I know does it all the time - see your manual

Just adjust your valves. Valves take an initial "Seat". My last two KTMs (400 and 450) both needed adjustment after the first 100 miles....... Seats are pressed into the head and can still "Seat in", collets find home in the retainers, somebody missed the assembly set up, etc.

thanks for the advice, ill do it

Hey DEGBIT - Keep us posted on how long your adjustment lasts. After you've made the adjustment, be sure to check again very soon - like in an hour or two of riding.

no problem, I'll do it this week and ride by Friday