Rear bag option and signal pic

I had to take some pics of my bike to show my GPR for another thread and thought I'd take a couple of the rear bag I use for tools and stuff. When I got my bike the stock bag was a mess, so I just took it off. I found this bag at Target, in the luggage section. It is a bathroom kit bag. It has several compartments, some that are waterproof. Plus some elastic loops for holding tools. The top outside pocket works great for my cell phone and wallet. I carry the tools you see, plus a spare tube and tire irons in it all the time.

rearbag-closed.jpg

As a bonus in that picture you can see the smaller rear signals I got for $15 at Cycle Gear. The next picture show the bag open.

rearbag-opened.jpg

The way I mounted it was with a 1/4" thick piece of tempered masonite (hardboard) the same size as the bag. It is stuck inside the bottom compartment and acts as a stiffener so the bag doesn't flop. I used the stock bag mounting bolts and go right into the normal mount holes on the S subframe. I covered the bolt heads with a few layers of duct tape so they don't rub the tube that is in that compartment.

Nice!! I'll have a look at my local target to see if I find this bag, as I thought about installing something similar (I was thinking in a videocamera bag) to take some food and drink for my trips. For the tools I use a bag like this:

he8014.jpg

(Made in Spain by HEBO)

They have something similar to yours for the rear, but it's smaller and less practical:

he8016.jpg

Thanks for the pics!! :cry:

Today, I broke one of my stock turn signals. It was only a matter of time. I like those turn signals. I went to the Cycle Gear, Inc. website but couldn't tell which ones you had. Do they mount-up easily and fit good? If so, could you please post the part number? Also, nice job on the bag. My stock bag just started ripping. I might be looking to do this also. Thanks! - Bill

endurotool.jpg

It looks nice!! And it's not very expensive...

The info says: "you can remove it from a separate base and take your tools directly to the job". Is it easy to remove?

The base bolts on just like any other bag.

It has velcro on it.

The bottom of the bag has the other part of velcro on it.

Just undo the two hold-down straps and remove bag.

Good luck with your choice.

Corky :cry: :cry:

corky- any pictures of the bag on your bike? and maybe the mount on the bike?

It seems a very nice system... and this bag is (according to its measures and the pic of the other one) narrower than the Target's one, and engineered specifically for a dual bike... it seems to me that this one's gonna win!!

Thanks!! :cry: :cry:

corky- any pictures of the bag on your bike? and maybe the mount on the bike?

Yes! :cry: It would help us to decide seeing it in your bike...

I don't have any picts of the bag on my bike.

Just got back from a Baja trip.

The guy with the blue DR-z S has one on his bike.

Can't see it to well.

Go here for picts.

Will take some of my bike to nite and send to one of you guys to post.

I can't how to.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bshims@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/17e3&.src=ph&.tok=phXSc5BBhAIdAqAq

http://www.pbase.com/corky1/baja_nubie_trip

Some one send me an e-mail address so I can send picts as an attachment.

Corky :cry: :cry:

Wow!! I'm sure you had lots of fun in this trip!!!

BTW.- I have just ordered one bag for my DRZ... it looks really good in your buddy's bike and I intend to install it as he did, so that it fits better.

Anyway, I'm sure that we all would love to see the rear of your bike... Thanks for everything!!! :cry: :cry:

Today, I broke one of my stock turn signals. It was only a matter of time. I like those turn signals. I went to the Cycle Gear, Inc. website but couldn't tell which ones you had. Do they mount-up easily and fit good? If so, could you please post the part number? Also, nice job on the bag. My stock bag just started ripping. I might be looking to do this also. Thanks! - Bill

I answered your PM, but for others here is the link to the signals on cycle gear. $15 a pair, so I don't mind trashing them every six months or so. Turn Signals

Here it is !

Wolfman bag on rear of 2001 DR-Z 400 with SRC rear fender brace and rack

DR-Z%20Bag%20001%20(Small).jpg

DR-Z%20Bag%20002%20(Small).jpg

DR-Z%20Bag%20003%20(Small).jpg

DR-Z%20Bag%20004%20(Small).jpg

Deman,

"SRC Rear Fender Brace" Do you have the contact info to order?

Deman,

Thank you for posting the pictures.

Hope it helps someone make a decision.

Billkat,

Heres the SRC web site.

The great thing about this rack is the grab handles.

http://www.srcinc.net/

Good luck, Corky :cry: :cry:

Perfect!!! It will fit like a glove here:

DSC02592.jpg

(taking out the rubber bands that I use to take one or two bottles of water...)

I placed my order yesterday, so in some days I'll be a WolfmanLuggageEnduroTool user...

Thanks again!! :cry: :cry: