question for X-Roadracers

Hey guys, quick question.

The last time I road-raced was in ’99. In 2001 I had done a couple track days and I was off the pace to say the least.

Now I have a full season of SuperMoto under my belt and I was curious what might happen if I jumped on a roadrace machine again? I suspect that I might be very comfortable with it, and possibly better than ever as I would be more at home sliding.

Obviously everyone is a little different, but I suspect there is a common thread.

So have any of you x-roadracers toyed with roadracing after spending a year or so focusing on Supermoto? :cry:

No, but I am toying with the idea of spending a year focusing on supermoto after a few years of roadracing.

It seems to me that supermoto is more strenuous than roadracing, and I'd bet you'll find that rr isn't physically difficult and that it's easier to transition the bike.

Shawn

I've roadraced and done supermoto this year. There's not a whole lot of adjustment going from one supermoto to roadracing, but I do find I need a little bit of an adjustment period to get used to the higher speeds of a roadracer and closer proximity to the ground.

I would agree with the previous post that said there's not too much difference - except for speed. I don't think Supermoto is more strenuous unless there's a particularly challenging dirt section. As far as transitioning the bike, I think RR would even be a little harder as motards are much more flickable (compared to 600 or larger) and the speeds are slower. Tracks (and even corners) are longer in roadracing as well, so that adds to the "physicality" of RR too.

My .02.

Eric