Bolt on kick stand?

Anyone have any recomendations for a bolt on kickstand for a '02 YZF250? I have seen a few on line but thought I would check with the TT knowledge base before droping $168 (promoto billet) for a kick stand.

Thanks.

I've never seen the trail tech in person but the PMB is simply awesome. Never comes down and the spring is internal. The thing is ROCK solid and very sleek. Anyway, if you have the extra $$ you won't be disappointed with the PMB.

I won't sell mine until I sell my bike. The thing rocks.

I suppose I should also mention that I bought my used!

That's the one I was looking at too. I can't see the PMB one being worth twice as much if they both hold the bike up.

I haven't heard anything bad about either one.

Yeah all I need it for is riding here at my house so all I need is something that does the job.

I have had a Trail Tech on my YZ426 for about a year. It is identical to a KTM EXC kickstand with a YZ mounting plate. Was very easy to mount and has held up very well. I'm not sure I'd want to make of habit of standing on the bike while it's on the stand (it's not nearly as robust as a stock WR unit). Two thumbs up ? :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Got my stand yesterday afternoon. I have to admit, its a nice looking piece. And it took just about 5 minutes to install.

The only strange thing is that it hits the side number plate when you fold it up. I guess I'll have to notch the plate a little. I just think it will look like crap after it rubs for a long time, otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

Man its nice to have that on there...

Btw, the box states that it can be used to start the bike on. If it failed doing that, I would expect it to be warranteed.

stand.jpg