Weekend pics..

Hi

Went to the track this weekend for the first time since Juli. ( haven´t had the time)

Here´s some pics from the day.

www.ribe-rep.dk/jesper

I´m the guy in the yellow Ufo close and a shirt..

we were 3 guys out, but only 2 bikes. My friend lost the top on his 2002 YZ426F.. (RIP) So, he´s riding my bike sometimes until i get my new YZ450 ´05 and he can have my YZ426. I just added a Wiseco 13,5:1 piston and a complete DR.D race... Smooth..... ? Now i just need the right jetting.

The CRF450 is a 2003

The guy standing with the crf is a friend of mine. He just finished 3rd in the danish championship on his ´04 CRF450. He wasn´t with us at the track. He is the one that build it.

Just for the record, a brand new YZ450 costs 10.300 USD here in Denmark, and the same for the CRF450.. ?

Hi Jesper, nice pics. Why don't you danes fetch your bikes from Estonia, they are much cheaper there. Since it is a closed course bike, no taxes will be added importing it to DK. Just the VAT has to be paid in either one countries. In Estonia it is 18 %, so pay it there with the bike and import it.

Yes i have been thinking about it since we pay 25% in tax. Another option is buying them in Germany they are 1500 USD cheaper there. Also it´s closer to where i live, 200km.

But i have heard that the german models aren´t exactly the same as the model we can buy in denmark.. Don´t know if its for real... ?

I picked mine up in Germany for a boatload of cash less than here in Sweden. The spec of the bike is the same as Canada, New Zeeland, Australia, etc. with 14/47 gearing. 'Cept for the weird label in German on the fender, I can't tell a difference between this model and the ones at the local dealer. ?

It is a great track! You can only see 1/3 of it on those pics. All the great jumps and turns are at the other end of the track..

There are some great triples and a huges jump where you land on a plateu and therefrom going straight intp a left turn 180deg and then down into a double. You have to really wack the trottle to make it to the top in one jump, but if you do you will land smooth and at quite low speed ready to enter the turn... Will take a picture of it the next time i´m there. ?

I picked mine up in Germany for a boatload of cash less than here in Sweden. The spec of the bike is the same as Canada, New Zeeland, Australia, etc. with 14/47 gearing. 'Cept for the weird label in German on the fender, I can't tell a difference between this model and the ones at the local dealer. ?

Mine is from Germany too, paid EUR 6950,- for it, it was the first '04 in Finland in August 2003. Almost 2000 EUR cheaper than here... ? It is an european model from an official dealer. From brokers you can get anything, seen a crate with box-label from Hawaii, Honolulu... tailpipe had that weird snorkel on it and the tires were a pair of $hieet (sorry guys, you must all have the snorkels and the rubbers, eh...) ?

Today when Estonia is a fresh EU-member you can have them there for German price-level and it is just so much closer.

Jesper, the dealer-bikes are exactly the same in Germany or Estonia as the ones in DK. I am surprised the majority of us in Scandinavia let the local importers rip us off, especially the big 4-strokes are priced straight from the ? here. They gotta wake up soon if they want to sell anything.