Get that dancing monkey off your back! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Here comes the Sun - the flood gates giveway - Ride time is here!

check out my local forecast .. it doesn't know when to stop. thru next tuesday -its rain /showers this that and the other. I was gonna take wednesday afternoon off and ride Foresthill but now what? not complaing just re-adjusting my thinking. sprinkles are ok but riding in the down pour makes no sense...hmmmm have to wait and see just when the breaks are.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/95630?par=msnbc&site=www.msnbc.com&promo=forecast

Yeah, I was thinking about riding Elkins Friday. Now with the possibility of rain I'll just wait and see. :cry:

Regardless, I hope the snow level stays above 6000'. Last year's 49er was actually cancelled because of snow on the highest trails at Elkins, which are just a little under 6000'.

wait n see.... I guess... seems I remember this game from last year. when the weather breaks and you can go ride then do.... just makes planning stuff more of a 1 day turn around.

we'll figure it out. GReAT news actually - suppose to Rain like heck tomorrow....... gee our Elkins swimming hole days are adios till next summer. :cry:

GReAT news actually - suppose to Rain like heck tomorrow

Yeah, this is very much needed. When the weather does calm down it will be great. No dust, and the woods just smell, look, and feel better after some good rain. As long as the snow stays up higher this is the beginning of the best time of year. :cry:

I would love to ride Elkins on Fri Oldedude if you end up going and its ok with you....

just makes planning stuff more of a 1 day turn around

Welcome to my world :cry:

Its muddy as hell up here thats for sure.

I'll be going as long as it's not raining. You're welcome to come along, and if the weather cooperates I'll probably be starting around 9:00, and might be staging off Caldor Rd. I'll post somewhere as it gets closer to Friday. :cry:

BIG rain today tuesday....how about this. a few days ago we were worried about dust at the 49er enduro.......now it's gonna be a mud fest! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: better stock up on some Pam.... there's gonna be a run on supplies. :cry::lol:

An alternative to using Pam is silicone lubricant. You can find the product in your local autoparts store for a much better bargain than Pam and it does the "trick" as well or better.

BIG rain today tuesday....how about this

Oh yeah! I'm sitting here listening to the wind blowing through the pines, the rain falling, damn, almost feels like winter. :cry: :cry: :cry:

BIG rain today tuesday....how about this. a few days ago we were worried about dust at the 49er enduro.......now it's gonna be a mud fest! better stock up on some Pam.... there's gonna be a run on supplies.

This may be a newbie question, but what is the PAM for?? :cry:

Latest forecast looks good for Friday! :cry:

Stay tuned, it changes constantly with these kind of conditions. :cry:

BIG rain today tuesday....how about this. a few days ago we were worried about dust at the 49er enduro.......now it's gonna be a mud fest! better stock up on some Pam.... there's gonna be a run on supplies.

This may be a newbie question, but what is the PAM for?? :cry:

pam or silicone lubricant spray is applied to the under side of your fenders. It prevents large accumulations of mud.

yeah the weather satelite shows this huge low pressure system sitting up of off the yukon coast just spining around going nowwhere and drawing in the whole damn pacific ocean on top of us. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::lol:

Been raining steady here in the Santa Maria area since 11 AM. Dont remember a October storm like this in many years, uncommon for our area!

check out my local forecast .. it doesn't know when to stop. thru next tuesday -its rain /showers this that and the other. I was gonna take wednesday afternoon off and ride Foresthill but now what? not complaing just re-adjusting my thinking. sprinkles are ok but riding in the down pour makes no sense...hmmmm have to wait and see just when the breaks are.

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/95630?par=msnbc&site=www.msnbc.com&promo=forecast

Bob Your funny! man

In the summer you complain of dust and want rain, in the winter you complain of rain and want summer. In Denver you want Calif, When surfing you want that perfect wave, when you get it its too perfect :cry:

I bet you chase kids down the street for playing in your front yard :cry: :cry: :cry: Grumpy old man :cry:

no complaints........ only fun here at TT. I rode 49 of 52 weeekends last year......... no complaints here only fun

no complaints........ only fun here at TT. I rode 49 of 52 weeekends last year......... no complaints here only fun

49 of 52 weekends :cry: :cry:

NO MORE NEWBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :naughty:cheers:

Once you've past the 48 out of 52 weekends you are officially declared a intermedate rider - condrats!! :cry:

Man I don't think I've ridden 52 weekends in the past 7 years. :cry: :cry:

dp

49 of 52 weekends :cry: :cry:

NO MORE NEWBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :naughty:cheers:

Once you've past the 48 out of 52 weekends you are officially declared a intermedate rider - condrats!! :cry:

Man I don't think I've ridden 52 weekends in the past 7 years. :cry: :cry:

dp

I dont think I have ridden 52 times in 7 years :lol: