Finally got to go riding!

Just went riding for the first time in about 3 months up in Georgetown. It was great to get back on my bike and ride. The trails were really nice and just challenging enough. I enjoyed loop 1, 2, and 3. For all you guys wanting to know a good place to take your wives or girlfriends riding, this is a great place and I recomend these three trails, they are fairly wide with the exception of a few area's. On trail 3 I got some practice on switchbacks which is always a challenge for me. Here are a few pictures our rides, for some reason we didn't get as many pictures as normal.

All of us going up a tight section.

100_0311.jpg

Kelly, RocketGirl, Zekedawg, and mkmathis taking a break.

100_0317.jpg

Camp

100_0305.jpg

Just one bruise of the weekend on another friend, who took a ride around the camp, she decided she will not be taking up riding. :cry:

100_0299.jpg

Just went riding for the first time in about 3 months up in Georgetown. <snip> I enjoyed loop 1, 2, and 3.

did they renumber the trails up there again?!? you're sure you're not thinking of foresthill? i have ridden georgetown quite a bit, and there's alot of non-beginner terrain there. they used to have numbers like 27-1 and 9-16.

mw

No, she is right. They do have a weird numbering system. But 1 runs almost the whole trail system. she rode 1 from mace mills to darling ridge and then the 2 loop around darling ridge and loop 3 and 3-1 which basically does a loop around the mace mill staging area. Bigbob said they got new maps so maybe they changed the numbers?

There are more pictures in the SW forum. Under mace mill ride and a thread big bob started.

Yeah!! That must be such a relief to be able to ride finally! How did you feel afterwards? Were you out of practice at all?

Yeah!! That must be such a relief to be able to ride finally! How did you feel afterwards? Were you out of practice at all?

I actually felt pretty good riding. I did pysched myself out one time pretty good coming down some rock like shelves, but other than that, felt pretty good riding. :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't remember, were you injured, is that why you couldn't ride? :cry: Or did 'life' just get in the way? :cry: Either way, sounds like a great time... :lol:

Sorry your friend got so discouraged her first time out, thats some bruise! But bruises are a part of riding, for sure... if she can't handle 'em, scrap-booking may be more her style... its all good, someone has to 'watch' the beer!! :lol: :lol:

Have not been riding because of the heat, dust, and a little bit of life.

It's ok my friend got discouraged about riding and a big bruise, better for me anyways, she can watch the beer and my kids while I am out riding. Somebody needs to start a nanny service for dirt bike riders, this would sure allow me to ride alot more.