Is this 450 ever gonna show up?

Ok you yellow guys must be going crazy....what is the poop on this bike? Is it ever going to ship or what? :cry:

Well I like yellow but.. im not really a yellow guy though. All though the bike is on the show room floor up here in central Minnesota. And I could go buy 1 if I wanted to...but nah. :cry:

Ok you yellow guys must be going crazy....what is the poop on this bike? Is it ever going to ship or what? :cry:

I am starting to get irritated by Suzuki's lack of publicity/information on the release of the 450. However, I understand people will be less dissappointed by not knowing, than being jacked by an ever-changing release date.

If there are issues in mfg'ing I'd imagine it is a big deal...and maybe they weren't as ready as they originally annouced. Maybe Suzuki (in reality) is really closer to Kawi's release schedule (than what they published) and are avoiding it. But, there is no such thing as bad publicity, right? Wrong in this case I think. Suzuki has/had an opportunity to be honest with potential customers. Admittedly, Suzuki has not made an official date annoucement...so who am I to be dissappointed in the top-level. My pain comes from my dealership, who doesn't have a clue - but keeps feeding me bullshift.

The team Suzuki guys are riding them (off-road, supermoto and motocross). So, for whatever that is worth, I am still excited. Anyway, we'll see 'em sooner or later. Here's to hoping it is sooner than later. I can imagine the guys with winters are even more disturbed than me.

i know that are dealership was scheaduled to recieve 2 this month and i highly doubt that will happen. i know there are a handful in the country but suzuki had to make sure that all race teams have first dibbs. i would think in suzukis best interest they would get this model out asap because i am already seeing 05 crfs in the show room. if someone is shopping for a 05 450 then their choice is limited and they will buy whats available and not want to wait. imo.

Like everyone else, I'm anxiously awaiting for the arrival. I live in Tampa, Fl and my dealer says he does not have an exact date when the 450 is going to arrive, but he keeps telling me he will have the bike in late October. I wanted a more definitive answer so I called customer service for American Suzuki. The lady who answered the phone told me that the RM-Z450's release date was in early Sept and that the bike should be showing up in our dealerships late Oct or early Nov. She also said that she was not aware of any lawsuits or manufacturing problems that would delay the arrival. So hopefully we are just a few short weeks away from stuffing our buddy's on the CRF. :cry:

I've gotten burnt too many times by several different brands first year models. I'd wait for the 2006. I bet they come out witht the 06 in july/sept 05. I buddy of mine at a Honda dealer got a 02 CRF450R that had the air box mod for 03 on it from the factory. It was a latter production run. Sometimes if the factories find an internal error, they'll just fix it quietly but I'd imagine most of the fixes go into the next year model.

Just look, at history? 2003 WR (woodruf key), 2002 CRF (air box leak, manual bug (too much torque for oil plug bolt)), 2004 KXF/RMZ (rads too small, oil/rad shared cover??) and so on.

There is a coolness factor though, and I wish all you guys that do buy a first year RM-Z450 all the best and I hope RC smokes em outdoors as well.

Cheers,

I am starting to get irritated by Suzuki's lack of publicity/information on the release of the 450. However, I understand people will be less dissappointed by not knowing, than being jacked by an ever-changing release date.

If there are issues in mfg'ing I'd imagine it is a big deal...and maybe they weren't as ready as they originally annouced. Maybe Suzuki (in reality) is really closer to Kawi's release schedule (than what they published) and are avoiding it. But, there is no such thing as bad publicity, right? Wrong in this case I think. Suzuki has/had an opportunity to be honest with potential customers. Admittedly, Suzuki has not made an official date annoucement...so who am I to be dissappointed in the top-level. My pain comes from my dealership, who doesn't have a clue - but keeps feeding me bullshift.

The team Suzuki guys are riding them (off-road, supermoto and motocross). So, for whatever that is worth, I am still excited. Anyway, we'll see 'em sooner or later. Here's to hoping it is sooner than later. I can imagine the guys with winters are even more disturbed than me.

its called hype, enough of it will make people buy it, some people anyway... :cry:

In the computer industry they call it "vaporware". Microsoft is the king. They'll announce somethat that does not exist and if enough people show interest they'll build it.

They're basically the Honda or Yankees of the computer world.