Ice racing......get your bikes ready now (Wisconsin)

Hey all you Wi. riders, the ice will be here soon. I know a good way to keep your bike fresh over the winter....RIDE IT!! You paid good money for it, why let it sit! I am a C.W.I.R.A. (cental Wi. ice racing ass.) bike rider just trying to promote the sport I love. I did it a few years ago, and am hooked. Now I have a 04 YZ450 just for ice racing!! Make some fenders, buy some tires, and have the time of your life :cry:

Dude you gotta be kiding me. Its waaay to early to be talking about ice riding. Yea I love ice riding as much as the next guy. But geeze there is still dirt on the ground. It aint even snowed yet. gimme me at least another month before you start filling my head with frosty thoughts.....Hmmm that reminds me... Im thirsty :cry:

What type of fenders do you need for ice riding?

I wanted to give it a shot this winter but don't know whats best to do besides spiked tires :cry:

YZMan400- When is that chicken run, end of fall or early spring?

For "ice RIDING" you don't NEED fenders. If you want to ice race, you should have some Aceribis(sp) ice fendes. They are accually trials rear fenders. I could send you some pics if you would like. As far as the tires, you should use Kold Kutter ice screws. If you want to be competitve, have them built (screwed in the tire) for you. A good builder will charge around $475 for a set, well worth it and should last a couple-three years...if well cared for. AND...it's never too early to talk ice racing :cry:

YZMan400- When is that chicken run, end of fall or early spring?

Snow Chicken is 2nd weekend in March :cry:

Starts at Peacock Motorsports on US-37 north of Baldwin.

ill be at the CHICKEN woo hoo fun ride man :cry: i have been thinking about getting some cheapy tires for the winter to put screws in though.

Him can't be YZman, I'm prettier then this man- (sorry watched Braveheart last night)

Yeah I'm going to have to hit that up in March, be a sport and post it out here a month prior :cry:

I have an old set of tires I plan to spike, so now I don't have a reason not to go :cry:

It's one hell of a drive out there but worth it I'm sure-

Cheers lads :cry:

Him can't be YZman, I'm prettier then this man- (sorry watched Braveheart last night)

Yeah I'm going to have to hit that up in March, be a sport and post it out here a month prior :cry:

I have an old set of tires I plan to spike, so now I don't have a reason not to go :cry:

It's one hell of a drive out there but worth it I'm sure-

Cheers lads :cry:

Yea its a good time. Its just a fun ride. Not a ace or anything like that. Usualy about 50 ridders show up. I'll make sure to post something here when it gets closer.

Here are a few teaser photo's for ya. :cry:

chicken_2.jpg

ckicken_1.jpg

Hey sorry by the way. I/we hijacked your ice racing thread with talk about the Snow Chcken. :cry:

Here this will make it all better :cry:

This is what its all about fella's

P1180030.jpg