2001xr400 REJETTING - W/ MODIFIED STOCK EXHAUST

What size jets should I use based on the following mods? I am in Chicago (0-3000ft elevation)

- Pull the snorkel

- Grind out header welds

- Pull restrictor out of factory exhaust

- Replace filter with UNIfilter

From reading TT it sound like the pilot should be about 58-60 & Main shoudl be at 158-162.

Does any one have any experience with this situation? Where should I be?

Hey BAG,

You are not far from O'Hare airport if you need to check out the right size jets for your area. Security is a little tight but if you explain what you are doing they will probably let you check them out. See if they have any charts you can copy, I know the Pilots always use them. Been there big and loud. Hope this Helps. :cry:

You are not far from O'Hare airport if you need to check out the right size jets for your area. Security is a little tight but if you explain what you are doing they will probably let you check them out.

:thinking:maybe they will let you take a mach run with the XR4 down the runway too :cry: :cry:

<font color="navy">I'm running 60/165 (with the two taper A16A jet needle) and it's a bit on the rich side, though not enough to cause any problems (just harder to start at elevations over 4,000 feet). No hesitation off idle or other anomalies. I ride from 1,500 to 3,500 typically, so you seem to be in the hunt at the sizes you posted. Good luck!

Buy the five jets you listed and experiment.

If I had only one shot I'ld go with the 60/160 combo.

Jets are cheap, buy them, try them and get it right.