KTM Seats???

I got a chance to ride a friend's new KTM 450 EXC last Saturday, and I have to say that even in the Colorado mountains it is the most incredible bike I have ever ridden :cry: I would love to pick one of these up some day, but I have to ask, with such a great machine, why is KTM so incapable of making a decent seat? It is like sitting on a brick! Is there an aftermarket supplier for seats for this machine? I just can't see being able to ride for long distances on that seat the way I can on my XR600. Certainly there has to be a softer trail riding seat out there somewhere???

Yes there are a few; Enduro Engineering;Guts Racing; and a couple of other I cant remember. Just do a search here or KTMTALK.com

It must have been an '04 because the '05 seat is much more plesant that KTM of the past. At least on the 450exc I rode anyway.

The seat on my 2005 525 MXC is every bit as plush as the seat on my 2003 CRF 450. It must have been an '04. :cry:

MXC seats and EXC seats are different.

To my knowledge there is no difference between 04 and 05 seats.

(Anyway... simply ride enough to train your butt :cry: )

I have the EXC seat and tank combo on my MXC.

The KTM seats in the past were very hard. There is no way I could ride one without getting a major case of monkey butt.

Compared to an XR600 just about anything will feel hard. That big fat seat on

the XR was made for sitting for long periods of time. Not the case with a competition/race bike.

I rode a bubbies 450 and he had a GUTS seat on it. It was so nice I didn't stand up the whole time I was riding his bike.

:cry:

I rode a bubbies 450 and he had a GUTS seat on it. It was so nice I didn't stand up the whole time I was riding his bike.

:cry:

Ditto!! Before I went to a Guts seat I could last maybe a few hours. After the new seat I did my first 100 miler in Mammoth...GUTS is the way to go!!

Guts Racing Home Page

ENDURO ENGINEERING!!!!!!!

The soft seat is what I have on my 04 200 exc and my 04 450exc

they are cheap (if you get a deal) and all you does is bolt the sucker on!