did gold x-ring

installed the did x-ring on my 05 r.If the master link clip was facing inward,it scraped the case as it went past.When I face the clip out it snagged on the chain guide(rubber).I beveled the rbber to eliminate the problem.Is there an issue running with the clip out ,I always ran it with the clip in to protect it? spacer?

I've never heard of running the clip on the inside.

Tj,thanks for the reply.I'll keep it as is.I just thought it wouldn't matter which way the clip was and it looked better with all gold links out, up until I felt it hang up as the clip went by the case.Livin' and learnin'...Rick

in order to run this chain you need a sprocket spacer made by Fastway or you will chew into the case eventually!

in order to run this chain you need a sprocket spacer made by Fastway or you will chew into the case eventually!

Not on the R you don't.

Not on the R you don't.

TJ, I'm getting ready to replace the chain and sprockets on my 04 R. I've heard others say that they've had problems with the O and X ring chains rubbing the frame.

Do I have anything to worry about or should I just get it, put it on and ride?

Thanks in advance.

I have been running a Regina gold Oring for a year on my CRF250R with no problems. Not sure about the Xring.

I have been running a Regina gold Oring for a year on my CRF250R with no problems. Not sure about the Xring.

The O ring is about the same width as the X so I can't imagine it being any different. Thanks for the info!

No rubbing issues on mine at all, plenty of room.

I think it was the X when guys went to a different chain other than the stock T-ring.

Fred,

Did you notice any added drag/effect on the power with the x ring as opposed to stock?

I never rode mine w/o it but I did ride my friends 02 with a non o-ring chain and I couldn't tell the difference.

Maybe a pro motocrosser could, but not me.