"S" into "off road only"

I think I'll be turning my 2003 "S" to Off road only. I'll probably get a green sticker, and keep it registered as well just in case I want to ride it on the road some day.

here's my plans:

1. remove headlight

2. remove taillight

3. remove signals

4. remove battery/electric start

5. install number plate

I would like to remove the speedometer and the associated cable. What do I replace the gear that spins the cable with? spacer?

Anyone have suggestions? pics?

remove the speedo drive and replace it with a seal and axle spacer just the other side.

Why remove the headlight? Do you not ride at night or near dark?

What does off road only have to do with removing the starter?

?????. Why would you buy the S model for offroad only??. :cry:, :cry:.

I think I'll be turning my 2003 "S" to Off road only. I'll probably get a green sticker, and keep it registered as well just in case I want to ride it on the road some day.

here's my plans:

1. remove headlight

2. remove taillight

3. remove signals

4. remove battery/electric start

5. install number plate

I would like to remove the speedometer and the associated cable. What do I replace the gear that spins the cable with? spacer?

Anyone have suggestions? pics?

Yeah, sell it and get a DIRT bike..... :cry:

Just ride it. I agree with turn signals and maybe a bigger plastic fuel tank but why have all that stuff you paid for sitting in the corner.

Buy a used RM250

Just Ride

I actually don't like riding at night, so the light is not a big deal to me. I plan to use some connectors, so I can convert it back and forth

As for the starter and battery, It seems like they would weigh a lot...am I wrong?

As far as sell it and buy a dirt bike, well actually I considered it, but i have what I have and could not sell it for what I owe...