Sign in to follow this  

Got my free suzuki rack

Dealer said I could have a rack for free with the bike (wouldnt give me a kicker kit).

I know there are better racks, but this one was free.

rack1.jpg

rack2.jpg

I've got the endcap off for modding right now. Sounds so good with it off :cry:

It looks nice!! A very "oem" look, which is a good thing... if I need a rack I would order one of these. :cry:

I've got that rack and love it. I wanna cut the bracket off for the tool pouch. Anyone know where I can get the right color paint to touch it up aftarwords?

:thumbsup:I cut mine off also. It was too small and too easy to open. so I added a box I could lock and was more than twice the size and out of the way. I couldn't match the stock color of the rack so I painted it epoxy gloss black. I also moved the stock tool bag to the front to carry a bungee web to hold anything on the rack. SORRY i can't get my pictures to post so please see my web page if you are interested for pictures.

Cool toys Mr meeks... :cry:

Love the 50's hairstyle. :cry:

I like the lock box you added, is it a bracket on the subframe

or did you drill through it and bolt on? I was thinking of doing

the same with a small pelican case, is that an old military ammo box?

To post your pics right click the image and select view image, then

paste that url, it cuts off all the other sitebuilder stuff.

drztoolbox.jpg

I would leave the tool can braket and bolt a peace of ABS drain pipe on that is long as you can fit. Put a couple of those rubber screw clamp caps on the ends. I ride alone and out in the mountains. Would be nice to have a rack and some tools that aren't on my back or .......

"I like the lock box you added, is it a bracket on the sub frame or did you drill through it and bolt on?" I made the bracket out of alum angle and bolted it to existing holes in the frame. "I was thinking of doing

the same with a small pelican case, is that an old military ammo box?" It's a surplus German goggle case. :cry:

When I Right click the picture I don't have a " view image " option. :cry: I'm using Win 98SE. :cry:

Anyone know where I can get the right color paint to touch it up aftarwords?

I've found that Dupli-color Auto, Charcoal medium, is a decent match for the stock frame color.

Mike - :cry:

When I Right click the picture I don't have a " view image " option. :cry: I'm using Win 98SE. :cry:

This is what it should look like in the link.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mrmeeks/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/drztoolbox.jpg

You right click on the image in your web album then view image, should

be a browser function. Try properties if view isnt available, but its

in your browser app. The properties or view will show you the url I

pasted above, it works instead of the long url the sitebuilder makes.

Once you get the short address to the pic, paste that in the box you

get when you click image on the TT post screen.

Thanks for the link, cheaper then dirt has some good stuff.

Ok, I've heard about the Tom Slick Rack. Any pics? And how do I order one? Cost?

This forum is costing me way too much money...I'm ordering stuff everyday...my wife's gonna kill me...she's gonna regret the day she told me to buy the bike. :cry:

Tom Klippenstein [tomklipp@hotmail.com] tom slicks e-mail and not sure but i think it was about 85 bucks including shipping and it is first class :cry:

do a search on all posts for tom slick,,,he is a forum member and there are all kinds of pics out there, he can make to any size or any custom design ya want plus he has the standard sizes and I am here to tell ya you could put a hook on his rack the way it is mounted and pick up the whole damn bike. He makes a good rack, it fits well and comes with all attachments, took me less than 5 minutes to install. And the PRICE IS RIGHT :cry: :cry: :cry: