Sign in to follow this  

How can I do wheelies in 4th and 5th gear on my stock 250X???

wow...i can SOMETIMES do them in 4th, but i want to be able to tell people that i can do them in 4th as well as 5th whenever i want to. is my technique wrong, or is my bike too under-powered....also, how in the heck do you shift through gears while wheelying? :cry: :)thanks for the help, tt'ers! :cry:

How can I do wheelies in 4th and 5th gear on my stock 250X

N.O.S. :cry:

Dude its a woods bike.... Get a clue.

If you want nonstop wheelies for days get a CR500. If your gonna own a X stay in the woods were it belongs. :cry:

How can I do wheelies in 4th and 5th gear on my stock 250X

N.O.S. :cry:

Dude its a woods bike.... Get a clue.

If you want nonstop wheelies for days get a CR500. If your gonna own a X stay in the woods were it belongs. :cry:

sorry for asking....you look kinda like a retard :cry:

No, you are the tard'. Wheelies are not ridden through by all that ride dirtbikes, and as a wheelie fiend, I can say that they are seldom acheieved in 4th or 5th on the X , unless shiftedto, fom 3rd, to 4th or 5th, and if the nads are grown, 5th. Go practice a^^ wipe, JeeZ!!!!!

No, you are the tard'. Wheelies are not ridden through by all that ride dirtbikes, and as a wheelie fiend, I can say that they are seldom acheieved in 4th or 5th on the X , unless shiftedto, fom 3rd, to 4th or 5th, and if the nads are grown, 5th. Go practice a^^ wipe, JeeZ!!!!!

ouch...btw i never said he was a retard, he only looked like one :cry:

you shift in a wheelie by hitting that little lever infront of the left footpeg up...sorta like anyother time you shift.

sorry for asking....you look kinda like a retard

You're not going to get help here with idiotic comments like that.

You want wheelies you should have bought the R.

sorry for asking....you look kinda like a retard

You're not going to get help here with idiotic comments like that.

You want wheelies you should have bought the R.

Not only an r but probably one with a big 4-5-0 in front of it, put a 52 tooth rear sprocket on it and you get. Instant wheelie machine!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Hell! I've been riding for a long time and i'm not even sure if i can get the front end up in 5th! Mistakes at that speed = much pain :cry:

Hey newb,

Why are you so worried about what people think about you riding? I cant do a wheelie in 5th and barley in 4th but does that really show how good you are? Its like all the people who are so worried about drag races, bigger more powerful bike have an advantge but who really cares. Just ride and have fun and get better at riding and not worrying about wheelies.

Your not going to be able to bring the front end up with stock gearing in 5th. If you change out the front to a 13 you MIGHT be able to. Any moron can bring up the bike and do a power wheelie, if you wanna get good practice balancing. Bring the front end up in 1st or 2nd using the clutch, then try and find the balance point using throttle and body position. When you can ride a wheelie for a mile in 2nd gear then try shifting. Let off the gas for a split second, shift, then gently apply a tad of gas. Better to do this in a lower gear at first to practice it, if you blip the throttle to hard your gonna go over backwards. When learning to wheelie make sure to keep your foot near the rear brake incase you go to much, just tap it and down goes the front end. Last unless you know what your doing, 5th gear wheelies can be rather painful...... I brought the front end up in 2nd ran all the way through the gears and when I shifted into 5th gave it a touch to much gas and looped it, a torn MCL and 20% cartalidge damage plus a hefty hospital bill and no riding for 2 months I was back to square one. Take it easy, start off slow and dont try to impress anyone unless your experienced or you'll end up looking like a fool. On a side note, if you want responses its proly not the best thing to start bagging on people in this forum.

I can do it, I can do it! :cry: I can wheelie from 2nd to 5th. Nothing too special, I'm not here to brag, but your not missing out on a whole lot...

I can do 5th gear stand up wheelies on my R (250) with a 52 rear. It actually comes up fairly easy with a little clutch work.

The 450 with no clutch.

I geared down to a 13 front spocket on my X. Start in 3rd gear in the stand up position, and usally shift into fourth. Wheelies are a great balancing practice. Now practice wheelies in second or third going over obstacles ie.. little rock gardens, stumps, bushes, puddles..... It all about having fun and increasing your riding abilities!!

Your not going to be able to bring the front end up with stock gearing in 5th. If you change out the front to a 13 you MIGHT be able to. Any moron can bring up the bike and do a power wheelie, if you wanna get good practice balancing. Bring the front end up in 1st or 2nd using the clutch, then try and find the balance point using throttle and body position. When you can ride a wheelie for a mile in 2nd gear then try shifting. Let off the gas for a split second, shift, then gently apply a tad of gas. Better to do this in a lower gear at first to practice it, if you blip the throttle to hard your gonna go over backwards. When learning to wheelie make sure to keep your foot near the rear brake incase you go to much, just tap it and down goes the front end. Last unless you know what your doing, 5th gear wheelies can be rather painful...... I brought the front end up in 2nd ran all the way through the gears and when I shifted into 5th gave it a touch to much gas and looped it, a torn MCL and 20% cartalidge damage plus a hefty hospital bill and no riding for 2 months I was back to square one. Take it easy, start off slow and dont try to impress anyone unless your experienced or you'll end up looking like a fool. On a side note, if you want responses its proly not the best thing to start bagging on people in this forum.

I agree with nova on this one 100%...ALWAYS cover your rear brake when starting to learn wheelies. Ababy steps man, don't try to go out and scrape your rear fender on the first run. No matter what wear your gear also, cause ven a slow speed loop can ruin your day with no gear.

Dano

OK all you dudes its all about practice,practice, practice,practice and more practice............

WHEELIES DONT REQUIRE HORSEPOWER

1) XR 100 STOCK........5TH GEAR no problem!

2) crf 250 x .....5th gear no problem!

3) ktm 450 exc.........5th gear....at 80 mph and I can hold it forever as long as its not to windy...

I am 5'9" and 160lb so its not my size!

you just need to practice more .....but learn your rear brake FIRST!

When you are pulling it up at high speed you will be inconsistent

....the bike sometimes comes up to quick so you need to settle that sucker back to earth with the rear brake

Here is one for ya! try doing a wheelie in 4-5th gear go over backwards riding the rear brake(which will make you slow down) and DOWNSHIFT! this one only took me about 3-4 years to perfect and I still cant do it 100% of the time

KEEP IT ON ONE WHEEL!!!!!!

I agree with nova on this one 100%...ALWAYS cover your rear brake when starting to learn wheelies. Ababy steps man, don't try to go out and scrape your rear fender on the first run. No matter what wear your gear also, cause ven a slow speed loop can ruin your day with no gear.

Dano

I agree! I went off the back of my KX250 doing a wheelie at about 10 mph in second gear last year and broke my rib. :cry: Bent the subframe and muffler, too.

Man, I hated that evil bike! :cry: