Sign in to follow this  

Stumble

I just got an 04 CRF250R with not many hours on it, Probably about 10 and when i first got it about a week ago i dont rembmer it stumbling down low but it may have, but anyway I took it riding for the first time yesterday and at a low RPM when you grab a handful of throttle the motor stumbles and then takes off. I cant figure out what it might be, checked air filter and its clean, check spark plug and its nice and tan, took air boot off carb and took out the jet thats in the back of hte carb which i think is the low speed jet and it was clean. So now i have no idea what it is. Any ideas?

You'll probably need to adjust your fuel screw. A 55 leak jet helps as well.

Both are kinda a pain in the butt to adjust. The leak jet is in the bottom of the float bowl and you need to remove the bowl to get at it, theres really no easy way around it. The fuel screw is in a small hole on the bottom of the carb and can be adjusted with a small screw driver but I would recommend getting an extended fuel screw. I have one made by zip-ty. Usually the fuel screw gets adjusted 1/4 to 1/8 of a turn at a time.

My 04 CRF250R had the same problem and I was able to get rid of it by leaning out the fuel screw a bit (turning it in).