Spangler Hills ORV

I am looking to find new riding places in the SoCal area. I found Spangler Hills ORV by doing a Google search. Has anyone ridden there? If so, what are your thoughts. I normally ride at Hungry Valley (getting too crowded) and Salton Sea (too flat and sandy.) I enjoy single track woods type riding and my family is only novice ability. Thanks for any thoughts.

I ride out at Spangler and Jawbone these are different type of riding Spangler is wide open desert with trails and some hill climbs. This area is great for kids as well as adults with 57,000 acres of riding area. Jawbone is more of sand and hill climbs in my opinion it is more of an adult riding area for the more experienced rider. I have been riding out at hungry valley as well but not in quite a while I hear the crowd is to heavy out at hungry valley.

I would lein toward Spangler if you have novice riders and kids. great area in my opinion. Not too crowded at all.

Spangler is about 100 miles past Palmdale california.

Spangler and Jawbone are both awful places to ride, I would definitly try to find some other places to ride. If you must ride at spangler or jawbone only go during the summer months, the spring fall and winter are no good, a person would have to be crazy to want to ride there..... ?

Spangler and Jawbone are both awful places to ride, I would definitly try to find some other places to ride. If you must ride at spangler or jawbone only go during the summer months, the spring fall and winter are no good, a person would have to be crazy to want to ride there..... ?

curious, why is it so bad?

DUDE!!! Spangler is one of my favorite places to ride!! In parts of it, it is a lot like riding on a roller coaster. I live in Ridgecrest also (Hey Dust_Devil... we should get together for a ride). Any time you want to come up, let me know and I'll take you out to Spangler. If you know where to go, it is really fun... but it can get pretty hairy if you get on the wrong trail.

Jimbo

Jim, I have been trying to get this damn divorce finalized for 2 years now, I think the end is near, I thought I would be done around Sept of this year just in time for an '05 but looks like it might not be over until after the first of the year.

BTW- I am having a huge party when it's final all TT'ers are invited!!!