Sign in to follow this  

FINALLY..............

After many months of rehab and some serious lurking in the shadows....I am finally a dual sport owner.. :cry:

Scored a really clean 2000 DRZ400S and brought her home today. Rode her around town for a little while and got to know her. Had a blast....first time on a bike in over six months( I think I am gonna like this dual sport stuff)and it felt great.

Will be looking at the schedule for a dual sport ride and doing many searches for info on the bike(it's totally stock w/2500 miles)

TT is a great site and I hope to see some of you on a ride sometime........ :cry:

Nice choice, if it still has the OEM tires, we like to

call them "deathwings" get rid of those before you hit the dirt.

They are good on the street & limited hardpack, anything else

& your asking to get hurt...

Drop into the DRZ forum for great info on making it

breathe better & other free & costly mods you should do. :cry: :cry:

One great ride you should think about is in norcal next May:

The Sheetiron 300 from Stoneyford - Ft. Bragg & back. :cry: :cry:

Where in Socal are you located? I'm in Huntington Beach and am looking for a fellow dual-sporter in the area.

So Cal houses a plethora of Dual Sport Riders. There are ample places to ride that's not too far from O.C.

I agree with the tires comment. Run dirt tires, and replace them often. I've seen people ride D.S. Tires in the dirt, and wish they had more traction. Let whatever street riding you do wear them out, but you'll have better traction in the dirt on a dirt tire! How often are you planning on riding your bike on the street?

If you dont have it bookmarked, go to the www.district37ama.org site. Look at the Dualsport tab. There's a calendar of rides, a message board also. You'll get a feel for the local stuff. Send me your address, and I'll send you a copy of the next Dualsport Newsletter. I know you're allready an AMA member. :cry:

My brother has a DRZ 400 and it's a great bike.........once you get past that funky yellow! :cry: Good to have you here, see you out there! :cry:

I live in Palm Desert just east of Palm Springs....Grew up riding the trails of Arrowhead & Big Bear(mostly Pinnacles and all the trails that surround 3N34.). Have been racing motocross for the last 10 years. I gave up racing and am turning to "Dualsporting" for my fix. Don't have any "street" experience but took the DRZ out around town this morning and had a blast....Probably do 75% dirt with it.

I will be checking the D37 board for the schedule.....Gonna go through the bike before I go on any long rides.

Keithco has already promised to break me in on my first dualsport ride and show me the ropes..... :cry:

Passed my written this morning and got my 12 month permit.. :cry:

Keithco has already promised to break me in on my first dualsport ride and show me the ropes..... :cry:

So, ummm Traildude........do you play the Banjo? :cry: :cry:

So, ummm Traildude........do you play the Banjo?

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

No, but I serve a mean roost sandwhich...... :cry:

I live in Palm Desert just east of Palm Springs....Grew up riding the trails of Arrowhead & Big Bear(mostly Pinnacles and all the trails that surround 3N34.). Have been racing motocross for the last 10 years. I gave up racing and am turning to "Dualsporting" for my fix. Don't have any "street" experience but took the DRZ out around town this morning and had a blast....Probably do 75% dirt with it.

I will be checking the D37 board for the schedule.....Gonna go through the bike before I go on any long rides.

Passed my written this morning and got my 12 month permit.. :cry:

I grew up in Palm Desert, and go out there all the time on my 650L. We should hook up sometime and ride the canyons out by Thousand Palms. There is some awesome riding in and around little and big Edam.

Hey....I am in Buena Park and am always looking for more people to ride with. Let me know if you go somewhere local or need a riding buddy. I am also new to this, coming from a mx accident I need to tone it down a bit. I got a kid on the way :cry: